i'm about to BLow a gasket

iVillage Member
i'm about to BLow a gasket
Thu, 07-09-2009 - 3:27pm
so we got 2 charges from xbox live on a credit card that isn't even connected to dh's account... we've disputed they decided they must be ours so now we are in the mist of disputing ... so how come i have to have a migraine over 125 dollars worth of charges that aren't ours and isnt' connected to our account but they can't tell me WHO the person was that got the credit for the charges in the first place? how come someone can commit fraud and i have to be the one with the headache and can't get people to tell me squat?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-09-2009 - 4:57pm

Something similar happened to me with AMC. I went to my bank (Fifth Third) and disputed the charges. They credited my account, I filled out a form telling my side, and once the investigation was done the charges were officially reversed. I hear many banks have this "Dispute a transaction" service.

I hate that though. Technology is making it so easy for so many people to get taken. GL getting your money back.

FinishedWinter-122208A.gif

FinishedWinter-122208A.gif

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-10-2009 - 8:51am
My dh had the opposite problem. BOA now has envelopeless deposits on their ATMs, and right when he was in the middle of depositing a check, the machine went down! Luckily he had the check stub, and went in the next day to show it to them. They credited his account, and then had an "investigation" and several days ago we got a letter saying the investigation was closed and the credit was permanent.
signature
signature 
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-10-2009 - 9:14am

Yikes, Chelle, that's annoying.

Emily I never ever ever use the ATM to make a deposit.