dh flop

iVillage Member
dh flop
Thu, 07-16-2009 - 4:22pm

Since dh thought my last two nites of dinner was not to his likings he has spent an extra $30 on himself only for meals those nites

I am just upset because I ask everyone in the house what to make for dinner of course there is at least 3 or 4 options for any given dinner because my freezer is kept stocked with a nice selection as well as my cupboards

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
In reply to: jumpingbeansmom
Thu, 07-16-2009 - 7:50pm

wow, my dh would be doing the cooking then if he pulled a stunt like that...how rude!

Good luck!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-17-2009 - 2:42pm

my dh does the cooking unless I toss together a crockpot meal or brown ground meat for a meal
on tuesday was a crockpot meal(I had an late afternoon O.T. appt) and wed nite was tacos (not up to cooking much too busy with the girls)

I am not the best of cooks so I do more of the meal planning around everyone's food allergies

Next weeks are going to be planned and there will be no option but eat my dinner or starve

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-17-2009 - 2:57pm
If he was home for dinner.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-17-2009 - 6:11pm

He works from home repairing washers/dryers and then resells them on Craigslist

Both nites he was home and had nothing going on

He usually is not home on the weekend since this is when most people are home for either at their home repair or installing a reconditioned one or a set depending on what he has ready

this type of work he is able to have a decent family dinner at a reasonable time and if needed he may leave after dinner for a delivery or repair/pick up depending on what is needed

my dinner is between 4pm to about 4:30 pm unless it is a tuesday then when I return from OT dinner is between 5 pm and 5:30 pm but that nite is a crockpot meal so he is able to find the 2 girls and when I return with the youngest dd I feed her and myself

I do have an early dinner time to make it easier for time in the evening for work if needed even if it means going out to the barn to repair machines

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-20-2009 - 10:14pm

oh boy, i dont think I would have been so nice about it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-21-2009 - 5:39pm

I'm soo sorry, and I'm kinda in the same boat.

Photobucket