Yard sale victories

iVillage Member
Yard sale victories
Sat, 07-18-2009 - 1:16pm

I got a few must have items at the neighborhood yard sales

First I nice brand new deep kitchen sink for $10(trying to remodel kitchen and getting things needed slowly only need a countertop and faucet still to start the project)

another great bargain was a mandline(veggie slicer thing) and a manual ice shaver both pampered chef brand and brand new got both of them for only $1 (I will use these items a lot)

A new kitchen table only needed bolts to hold the legs for $5

the girls got a nice amount of puzzles including brand new ones for a $1 I think there was 10 puzzles or so including 2 floor puzzles

I also got a 27 cupcake holder for $2 brand new(I use my mom's oven to bake cupcakes for my girls birthdays and needed a container for transport my oven temps vary too much for any kind of bake goods but works for other non baked goods like meatloaf

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-18-2009 - 11:56pm

Wow, you got some great deals especially on the cupcake holder! Those are usually around $20- $30 for the Wilton brand!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 2:41pm
hello!! i LOVE garage/yard sales. i just had one about 2 weeks ago-and we were one of those that people love-we sold stuff for really really cheap. i had prices marked on everything and i went down on most of them. i also hit my next door neighbors and picked up some kids clothes for cheap. you can find really good things at yard sales. its amazing what people have that they are willing to sell and for how cheap...its good for the seller too cuz you get rid of this excess clutter, make a lil money and make the buyers happy. take care!!
JOANNE
maman2goons@yahoo.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 3:04pm

I am planning on having mine in August with dh's sister here at my house
So far the old kitchen table is going into the yard sale and the attic cleanup of toys that is yard saleable and I will have some free items as well and whatever does not sell is going on curb alert and will be free for taking the advantage of living on a busy road plus nothing returns to my house I have been in major declutter mode lately and just want stuff gone
I think I might even pull out the vintage christmas stuff that was left in the house when we bought it to sell that as well
I think dh might even sell a few older washers and dryers
dh's niece has a lot of twin boy baby stuff she is going to sell here

Becky

Becky