flop/victory -new puppy

iVillage Member
flop/victory -new puppy
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 11:29am
We rescued a puppy about 6 weeks ago. He was only 4 weeks old (way to young to be away from Mama). I paid the guy $75 to get the puppy out of a bad situation. He was supposed to be a miniature poodle and we were going to foster him until he was healthy and old enough to be adopted out. Within a few days my kids fell in love with him and we decided to keep him. I got him on the Banfield monthly health plan so the vet care is affordable and it covered all his shots and treatment for a nasty intestinal problem he had. We had to buy prescription food and nutrical which is expensive, but he is now healthy. However, he is growing like Clifford the Big Red Dog and is definately not a mini poodle, but most likely a standard poodle! He is already almost 10 pounds! Which means we already had to get him a bigger crate! I was going to buy one off a lady on Craig's List for $50 and asked my friend to go with me to meet the lady. Just so happens that she had a bigger crate we could use just sitting in her attic! That's a victory!
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 4:11pm

What a nice thing you've done rescuing a dog!

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 10:20pm
Very nice of you to rescue the puppy and great news about the crate!

Jennifer

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-28-2009 - 10:42am

Congrates on the puppy- we just got a new puppy too and love having her around. We also recused her. We laugh becuase we went to a dog class and everyone had these really $$ pure breed blah blah blah dogs and we are sitting there with our heinz 57 dog. When everyone asked I said she is a pure breed pound puppy. All 127 different breeds of dog are running though her veins.

NOTE- be careful with the banfeild. I don't know if this was just our town or what but the DR was ALWAYS telling me that Abbey needed 1 thing or another. I even was talked into buying special shampoo for her coat at 25 a bottle. I don't spend that on myself!

Erin
Erin