total flop

iVillage Member
total flop
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 2:26pm

A $20 knee brace is my total flop
Here is why I needed this brace
Yesterday morning I needed a few things from the grocery store so I decided right after my oldest dd is dropped off I can go to the store
I ended with with my screaming/meltdown 4 yr dd along for the trip
I start driving to the store in a light rain which quickly turned into a downpour and of course the store parking lot is flooding by this time the store sits at the bottom of a hill and water is rushing down the hill and flooding the parking lot
I go in get the two bags of groceries and come out and start wading with ankle deep water carrying my 4 yr old and groceries and somehow I manage to slip on the mud under the muddy water which I had no clue how slippery that was so down on my right knee I went but my child and groceries did not get wet which is amazing I got up and got into my truck
I came home put some ice on it and cleaned out the nice scrape I got and now I am barely able to walk on it so I need a support brace to see if it will help before a trip to the doctors

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 9:49pm
Ouch! Hope it heals quickly, and well.

Carrie

Carrie
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 2:22am

Oh you poor thing! The $20.00 brace is not a flop! It would cost you more in cash and/or emotions if 1) your child was injured and needed medical attention or 2) you broke and spilled all your groceries and they were useless.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 10:23am

Thanks
I guess since I never thought about your points which were very good

my knee is still very sore and still unable to put any weight on it

Becky

Becky