Kind of a (kitchen) flop, also victory

iVillage Member
Kind of a (kitchen) flop, also victory
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 7:22am

We recently bought a new ceramic top stove to replace the micro stove that came with our house. The old stove was outdated, too small, and generally a pain to use. Also we opted to replace our refrigerator with a more compact one. This was a cosmetic decision - it really opened up our small galley kitchen and allowed us to add more counter space.

Anyway, when we were buying these items we were offered a store card and DH decided to get it. We were planning on charging it anyway, so the 10% off the first purchase was enticing.

Well I got the bill and realized that the cashier goofed and instead of giving us 10% off like we chose she submitted it as interest free for 12 mos. So while it ended up costing us like 70 more that first day (i didn't notice because she was having such a hard time getting her terminal to work right and was glad when she was finally able to ring us up), it'll be less in the long run. Now we can take our time paying it off (100 a month) and it'll be just like we paid cash!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 11:20am
I think that was a victory! I would choose the no interest route too!