birthday party victories

iVillage Member
birthday party victories
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 7:34pm

I always have my older girls birthday party together because their birthdays are only one week apart one birthday is 9-29 and the other birthday is 10-6

So this year the girls decided on a theme(luau/Hawaiian) and both girls wanted the same one so that is one victory since usually there is two different themes but one party

Next over the last few weeks I been buying everything on clearance and I will head to the dollar store to finish up getting everything else

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 9:00pm
I love it when a birthday party comes together. I did my ds9's b-day party this year (his dad was supposed to, but asked me). He only wanted legos. so I made a Lego cake that looked like a lego block. I bought a plain blue plastic table cloth and used the extra length to wrap his present (legos!), I bought plain red square paper plates. I used left over Spiderman cups and served only ice water, which the kids loved. All together, including his gift, his party cost me right at $30. The kids played outside for a few minutes while others arrived, then we played pin the tail on the donkey, just for fun because I didn't buy prizes. We played a game while opening gifts to drag it out longer. The kids went back outside and played red light, green light and red rover. Then in for cake and ice cream, then it was time to go.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 9:22pm

I figured my oldest dd can have her safe food made into a happy birthday message including candles and everyone else will get safe cupcakes (no dairy/soy and an egg replacement)
I will decorate them by myself

the food will be snack type stuff I usually have in the house anyways

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 11:31am
there you go! And the kids will not know the difference between a store bought cup cake, a box made cupcake and one made with safe foods for your kids. They might even learn something!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 7:44pm

I just checked how much drinks that are stored downstairs and found I had enough for the party which was a big saving
I had a case of bottled ice tea,capri suns lemonade,brisk tea,grape soda, case of water and some other varieties of soda/ice tea just single cans

I even have everything minus a few things for food on sunday as well

Becky

Becky