christmas gift victory!

iVillage Member
christmas gift victory!
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 2:00pm
hello!! i know i havent been around much, but i pop in now and then whenever i can...anyway, ive had a pretty good week so far financially...we are switching our cable server(to the tune of $25+ extra a month), we went shopping last weekend and got a ton of groceries for just a lil money and i made a great "purchase" for one of my newest "nephews" for christmas. (and the nephew is in quotations cuz techinically, he's not by-blood a nephew, but his mom is a close cousin of my dh's-so hes a second cousin, but i call him my nephew cuz we're pretty close with him and his parents). he's only 6 1/2 months old and he LOVES barney. i was going to buy him some dvds or maybe an outfit...but i got to thinking. a few years ago, my sister in law moved 4 times. each time she moved, she left behind things. she ended up leaving behind a set of 3 stuffed barney characters-barney, baby bop and bj. (barney and baby bop play music but bj doesnt)she didnt want them back so i gave them to my girls. for a lil while, my youngest played with them but for the last 6 months, they have sat in the closet. i pulled them out, looked at them-theyre in fine shape-and i wrapped them up and will give them to *e at christmas. he will love them, he wont care that theyre not brand new neither will his parents-plus they play music which all babies love-and i didnt spend anything for them. i only have a