glasses for 0 dollar but one unhappy boy

iVillage Member
glasses for 0 dollar but one unhappy boy
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 8:52pm
alex started complaining about his eyes a few months ago so i took him into the first place avaliable *jcpenney optical* but kept his normal yearly appt with the pediatric optomologist.... he had that appt today and his glasses will be ready for pick up in 7-10 days... insurance covered them 100% but he's NOT happy.. he insists he looks 'silly' *he looks adorable* he'll get used of them in time... we went with some flexitwist frames in hopes he wont destroy them soon LOL he pieked the blue ones of course ..Lily's first eye exam is thursday so lets hope she holds off a few years before s he needs them .... dont want to be 4 for 4 yet LOL
alexnlilyfall
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 10:24pm
I think kids always look adorable in glasses. Its great you got the glasses for free though! Glasses are so expensive. Did you insure them as well just in case? I had a pair of the flex style several years ago but they didn't work that well for me. I guess after 20 years of regular frames this old dog wasn't ready for a new style.

button13.gif picture by stephanienegron

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 7:38am

Poor kid.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 2:55pm
He will get used to them, once he can see clearly I bet he will like them!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:33am

Some glasses advice from someone who's been there and done that.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:41am

We have had a different experience with the flex frames.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 10:05am

i gave his teacher the heads up yesterday at pick up... she herself wears glasses *rarely wears her contacts* and a little girl in his class wears glasses so hopefully it's not a big deal... my parents made me coke bottle grandma glasses so i remember the teasing well LOL...

dh and i both wear flex frames and haven't had issues yeah we aren't kids but i'm head butted by a kid on a regular basis LOL.... we ALWAYS change out our frames yearly no matter what shape they are in so that will probably help with him

Lily has her exam this morning her eyes are perfectly shaped no nearsightedness no farsightedness… she has the tiniest spot of astigmatism in her one eye…. The doctor said if she ends up needing glasses it probably wouldn’t be till 4th or 5th grade… she is light sensitive but not to the point of concern … she gets rechecked at 3

i wont count her out cuz tha'ts about that age larry *dh* got his first pair LOL

now i need to get their dental appts scheduled

Photobucket