Frugal Victory! Supercute clothes!

iVillage Member
Frugal Victory! Supercute clothes!
Sat, 02-06-2010 - 10:44am

When Dylan was born, we got a supercute outfit as a gift. it was amazing. I could wash it many times without color fading, I could jack it into the dryer and didnt need to worry about it shrinking or color fading either. So one day I walked by the store (just about half a mile from where we live) and when I saw their prices, I knew I didnt even need to dream about going inside. Last summer then, I started getting stuff there for Ryan during their clearance since he didnt need new clothes every other month anymore. I got their card. once you shop there for 250 euro, you get a 25 euro gift card. Not much if you realize that one pair of jeans for Naïma costs 26 euro, let alone those for Ryan or Dylan. And whenever I saw their baby and toddler collections my heart was aching because they were so cute, yet, I didnt want to pay a minimum of 40 euro for one complete outfit. So on Wednesday I was on my way for my regular doctor check up when, by accident, I realized their clearance items were another 50 per cent off (to really get rid of the rest) and for each piece you buy, they'll send another piece of clothing to children in Haïti. Altho I don't like shops using tragedies as advertising campaign, I thought that it would be nice getting a shirt for a lot less, and knowing a child who lost everything will own a new shirt as well because of my purchase.

So I enter the shop and was amazed. the entire spring and summer collections of 2009 (yes, the ones that saddened me because they were expensive and I couldnt get them!) as well as the wintercollection for 70 per cent off if you buy 6 pieces or more! The offer was only for 4-6 month sized clothes since, during the regular clearance last month, apparently not a lot of people were interested in 4-6 months sized clothes, the shop assistant explained. The bad thing was, I didnt have a lot of time... *sigh* Since I knew that each single piece was cute, my choices were quickly done. 7 pieces for not even 39 Euro. While this may sound outrageous to some, it's an overall okay price for kids clothes over here (and comparing to the overall okay prices stores like h&m I usually shop at for the kids, I wouldnt have gotten 7 pieces for 39 euro either!). I told my mom the next day and she gave me 40 euro (appologizing she never got Naïma a gift when she was born) and said I should go back and chose some more. Today I did. Another big bag full of supercute clothes, plus 2 pair of tights (buy one get one free) was what I got. In addition to what people gave to her in 4-6m size when she was born, I know I do not have to worry about her growing out of her 2-4m stuff now... all I probably need are a few more onesies and PJ's:) I am so happy now you can't imagine... 79 euro paid for stuff of about 240 euro worth! Once she grows out of them, I may sell them as lot on ebay and get about the money I invested back if the clothes are gently used... yay! i guess this did not only make my day, but also my entire week or month! lol