vet flop for my dog

iVillage Member
vet flop for my dog
Sat, 04-03-2010 - 6:29pm

I took the dog in for a regular exam and his shots but of course I had budgetted $100 like last vet visit but it was $215 for today plus there are more vet bills in the near future like in 2 weeks for a recheck($75 vet visit)

Becky
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-03-2010 - 9:18pm

Yeah when they are sick the appoints can be more expensive. I can tell when ours has an ear infection because he shakes his head a lot. He had been on a new food for about a year so we think he might have been allergic to something in the food. He hasn't had an ear infection in a while so we really think it was the food. He was having them often at 100 dollars an apt it was getting very expensive.His last one his ear was closed up it was so bad.So if your dog shakes his head a lot that is probably what it is.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-04-2010 - 8:57am

We had watch the toe mass triple in size in about 2 months and the mass is firmly attached to the bone so removing the toe/mass together is the only option

the scary thing is the toe mass is so infected that there really is no option plus the mass is still growing larger

my dog is outside dog so I do not see him shaking his head much but only because I have not been outside much with the weather come summertime we see the dog more since we spend a lot of time outside My dog does not like the house The dog will start destorying everything to escape the house so an outside dog he is by his chioce not mine

the poor dog has a past that caused him a lot of unknown fear and is pretty much has done well in our care since I know about food allergies which the dog has (beef and wheat/gluten)

Becky
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-04-2010 - 2:06pm
Ours is mostly an outdoor dog but we have had him since he was 8 weeks old so we know most of his history. We have a small back yard and he sleeps in a crate in the house most nights. As well when its too hot or too cold out. So we can hear or see when he was shaking his head a lot. Hugs to you. I will pray that you will be able to work through what you need to to help your dog out. Hugs Dawn
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker The WeatherPixie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker