Craigslist victory!

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2003
Craigslist victory!
1
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 11:20am

We heat our home primarily with a wood burning stove in the winter, and we have found that pinecones dipped in wax make the best fire starters.

Usually I use old candles, ugly candles, and ones purchased cheap from the thrift store to dip the pinecones in, but lately, I haven't found any cheap enough. I've had to purchase firestarters and break them up, but they are so much harder to start than the pinecones! And much more expensive.

Dh thought he'd give craigslist a try, and he scored. He found 25 pounds of old canning wax, still in it's original wrappers for $15.00. This will get us through the remainder of the season and give us a headstart on the fall.



iVillage Member
Registered: 07-26-1997
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 4:39pm

I know when our son would go to Boy Scout camp. They used dryer lint stuffed inside of empty