feels like a flop but..

iVillage Member
feels like a flop but..
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 9:23am

I began this month with really good intentions.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 10:23pm
I understand your feelings but just remind yourself - you won't have to worry about car repairs with a new car as you would a used and then get a puppy kiss. I bought a car a few months ago (used) and added an AWESOME warranty that wasn't cheap, but I reminded myself that now the most I'll have to pay is a $100 deductible (it's bumper to bumper). It's a small price to pay for peace of mind :) I'm so jealous on the puppy. I really want one, but we can't have one for several reasons (we travel too much; DD is scared of dogs; etc.).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 10:19am

Congrats on the new puppy! We have 3 dogs and they are expensive! BUT we take the two younger dogs to Banfield -located in Petsmart. They offer a monthly plan so we pay $21.95 for each dog a month that is automatically debited from our acct. It covers all vet appts., spay/neuter, all shots, etc. I found that the yearly cost is equal to what we pay for our other dogs yearly appt (or less) and we don't hesitate to take the dogs when they are sick because the office visit is covered! When we had the dogs spayed the doc. also pulled all of their baby teeth that hadn't fallen out and microchipped them (the chip cost an additional $20 but everything else was covered). It shows on each statement how much the plan saved you that visit, and although the numbers appear to be a little inflated, I truly believe there are big savings. This is the only way we can afford our 3 dogs and they are soooo worth every penny!

There is nothing like the love you get from a pet! Congrats again!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 4:10pm

Heather...sometimes a plan changes.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 8:24pm

Thanks everyone.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 7:38am

Heather, we're in that same "blowing it" envelope place.