SIL cleaned out her pantry & stocked us!

iVillage Member
SIL cleaned out her pantry & stocked us!
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 5:18pm

So, I was at SIL's today hanging out while our kids played.

--Jenn

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 10:52am
Way to go on the free food. I like when I get free food. Thinking of Aldi's. I need to stop there for a couple things. I have lots of food in the house. They're bottles of vegetable oil is dirt cheap. I think it's like 1.79$-2$ a 1qt bottle. I need to change the oil in my deep fryer. I was in Pick and Save by us because our son was buying himself something. I looked to see how much their generic oil was. It was almost 4$ 1qt. bottle. My deep fryer takes 2 bottles aprox to fill. That's almost 8$ at their price. I can refill at half that going to Aldi's. When I worked at this one restaurant before the owner retired. I was getting free food all the time. Stuff we couldn't save off the buffet from a party. He'd let us take it home. I was getting good stuff. Fried chicken, beef, ham and other good meat. Then potatoes and veggies. Mind you we made our mashed potatoes from scratch. Not the instant kind. Even after fish fry Friday. I was taking home breaded cod. On times money was tight. We were still eating fairly good.