QOTW....1st quarter review......

iVillage Member
QOTW....1st quarter review......
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 9:14pm
Remember way back in January we discussed our 2009 Goals? What kind of progress have you made on these goals during the 1st quarter of 2009? Take a few minutes to review your goals and to assess what you've accomplished, think about any setbacks you may have had, analyze your strategies to make those goals happen, etc.

If you didn't join in that discussion in January, it's not too late to set some financial, frugal and personal goals for the rest of 2009! Take a few minutes and think about what you'd

Kelly

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 9:30pm

Here are my goals and analysis...........

Financial: Use as little as possible from our *job EF*. Keep scrutinizing the budget every month to see where we can save some $$. Hard to believe, but after 7 months of dh being out of work, we have still NOT touched our *job EF*. Don't ask me how because I can barely believe that myself!! Just goes to show how bare-bones our budget already was because we have not made that many drastic changes. One other financial biggie we've done since the 1st of the year is pay off our travel trailer, about 4-1/2 years early; I decided to go ahead & pull the $$ out of savings and be done with it (even w/dh out of work). So we're back to only mortgage

Kelly

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 10:18pm

Geez...I really made all those goals to accomplish?? ROFLOL!

But seriously, college savings are on track. I applied for a job in the library at the HS, but didn't get it. Going back to school is on hold for now...not sure what a I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am using this time that I have during the day to get back to a regular exercise routine. I joined a kind of "kickboxing" class once a week, in addition to karate at least once a week (other than my teaching schedule)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 12:35am
Financial goals:
Wedding
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 1:12am

Financial goals - Well, #1 was to get the budget under control so we could save some money. I've done Awesome on the budget (if I do say-so-myself). Got our grocery bill way down, and misc spending is way down. Having trouble getting DH on board with the saving. We paid off all our CCs last year, so we should be able to sock some $$ away. Owed almost 2K in taxes, so that was a hit. Now DH is planning a ridiculously expensive summer vacation. I agreed to the place, but not at the amount he now wants to spend. I swear, he will spend every penny we make if he can (not one penny more than we make, but every single one).

As part of my goal, I thought we could save our "extra" summer money. Argh! DH and I both teach college, and our campus has canceled almost all summer classes b/c of budget cuts. So no extra summer money for us :(

Other goals - wanted to lose 30 pounds, so far have gained 5 (LOL). I'm a work in progress, what can I say. I am getting my house organized, and have carved out a scrapbook space so I can start scrapping again. So far I am pretty happy with most of my goals and progress...

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 7:58am

Fin. goal:

1. pay more on the CC

So far okay with that. It could be better but I am putting more on school debt than anything.

2. get a pt job to make friends in Oh and pay down debt.

not going to happen at least not in the near future.

3. review spending and set up budget.

Doing good on that. I want to step it up a notch in April.

4. Dont put anymore on cc starting jan 10 ( we had to put some on cc yesterday just to get on butts to ohio and I am alittle upset about it)

we haven't put anything on the cc!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 10:35am

I did not make goals for the year when you did. I have enjoyed/appreciated reading what others have come up with. Mine include:

Personal: in 6 months I will be 50. I would love to lose 40 pounds in that time. Toward that end, I am cutting calories and keeping track of what I eat at sparkpeople. I also walk for exercise (have a treadmill, and love outdoors, so no excuses) and that will help with weight loss, and being toned and more energetic. In a broader sense, this is keeping myself on my priority list. Add more beauty in my life with creative pursuits.

How I am doing: well, have been excercising consistently for a month, logging what I eat, reducing calories for about 3 weeks (feels longer!) Am thinking of giving myself an exercise goal, like walking a marathon in October. I am trimmer, feel more energetic, and calm.

Financial: I believe I am in a pretty good spot (knock on wood), will keep adding to my future car fund (for myself and/or my now 15 1/2 year old), paying extra on my mortgage. Will see if a re-fi on the mortgage would save me any money (at 5.25 now), have about 64K left, would LOVE to have it paid off when now 6th grader graduates.

How I am doing: this is going very well. I do need to at least look into refi stuff though.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 5:08pm

Ugh, I was sad to read my goals!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 10:44pm

Well, I didn't type out any goals for 2009...at least I didn't see a post from myself in that thread! But we have been working to make changes since January and have been doing pretty good, until the end of this month (but we are preparing for a new arrival at the end of April:)

Thanks to Terra for my

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 6:24am

Ummmm can I change my goals. NOne of those are working for me. I just want three different ones. LOL. Okay b/c as you know I have been on thise kick for paying down the debt to 20k by the end of the year. So I am just going to have three. :)

1. pay down debt to 20k (been working on that since Jan)

2. Eat healthier and add some workouts (again still doing that)

3. Make some friends. (that will be my new challenge since I will not be getting that pt job).

Those just fit me better. I mean I was in ga when I wrote the first ones. And Ohio is different.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 9:09pm

I wish I had put down goals, but I think we have been doing really well. I have changed my mind set a lot. I am no longer wrapped up in "it" It being big house, big cars, use your credit card for everything. Out to dinner every night etc. I have some down weeks forsure but I think over all we have really done well. I start the enevlope system and up haven't put anything on a credit card ( that I didn't pay off right away like when I order something from amazon I use a CC then I pay that cc on the same day, for security) Since the 1st of the year. I have my E fund + and used almost all of our tax fund for credit cards. I am snow balling and am on #2. I am 3/4 of the way done with that card and can't wait to move to card #3. My goal is to get 1/2 though card #4 by then end of the year.

Personally I want to lose 30lbs by Aug.... walking every AM - but eating CRAPPY!-
Want to decluter the house, which is a work in process. I got all amp up with a garage sale that we are having this weekend.
I need to use that money from that for CC but lately have been bad about using $ from stuff I sell for the clubhouse that we are trying to get done.

A work in progress is what we are!

Erin
Erin

Pages