****End of March Grocery Challenge*****

iVillage Member
****End of March Grocery Challenge*****
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 6:35am

So did everyone stick to the list? If ya didn't then what was it that you bought? And was it a need or want?(Trying to remember Kellys questions):

Well the first two times I went was a flop. I'll talk about the first, first. I went with a list but decided that we didn't eat pears and got apples instead. Then I wanted to make bro and cheese soup but refused to pay 4.00 for the mix. So I bought two alfredo sauces instead. At the end of the store I bought some beer that wasn't on the list. The apples and sauce saved me like a dollar which to me was a need. But the beer was a floping 15.00 want.

Then the second time I didn't even take a list, so I will say that was a 21?? flop.

The rest I finally got my act together and stuck to my list. :))

Total flop: 36.00

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 11:30am
In addition to the boxes of rice pilaf I reported on the midmonth check-in, I bought 4 individual "juice-box" size containers of milk. Not on the list, but I saw them and decided I wanted them for our trip to the Grand Canyon next weekend. So, total not on list was $11. Not bad.

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 12:57pm

I had a flop mid month since the girls were not with me and I bought things the girls could eat (allergen free foods) not sure how much that cost me

I also went to the store a few times without a list but knew what I needed and did not add anything else

I needed to replace items on the list because that item was no longer safe for my girls to eat

I did do well in the beginning of the month with my list and compared prices for the 3 lists I did have for the 3 store stops I was doing that day which some things were cheaper at a different store

Becky
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 1:10pm
I stuck to my list pretty good.
Wedding