Paycheck / Changelle

iVillage Member
Paycheck / Changelle
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 5:17pm

Me AGAIN...

I had yet again more question for you. I have decided that this next quarter Dh and I are going crazy on debt. We are cutting cutting and cutting everything we can for 3 months and see what we can pay off. As Ramsey says Gazelle intense. I know we need to do this forever- but I think if we can just make it though Q2 we will be very surprised as to what we can cut out in the future KWIM? Also we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. So we can say- oh in Q3 we can buy xyz ( by then we will have forgotten about it and viola done)

So this PM I am going to set up a budget and see where we can cut stuff. My goal is to cut our debt by 20% ( YEAH I KNOW!)

SOOO here is my ? has anyone gotten a paycheck this month and noticed a difference in it? I know Obama had his plan and we were going to get a boast in the checks but I don't know how much and DH wont get his till Friday. I would like to be well under way by then.

Sorry I was so long winded.

Erin
Erin

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 5:33pm
My dh's check had an extra $15 in it due to the reduction in taxes, medicaid, etc. contributions. It'll be an extra $60/mo for us. I'm sure it's a percentage based upon income but to be honest I don't know those figures. But,yes, we did see a difference.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 9:38pm

I saw an extra $40.00 on Friday's pay, and also $40 extra on last pay-2 weeks ago.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 10:40pm

Can anyone point me to a website that explains it all? Hubbs hasn't seen anything different.

My checks, of course, saw no difference because I'm self-employed. I invoiced, they paid. :::sigh::: And at the end of the year, I'll pay. :::double sigh:::

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 6:33am

This is all I could find.

ww.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=204447,00.html

I hope this helps. Or maybe it will help you search within the website.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 6:35am

We are getting an extra 60.00 a month.

jess

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 8:04am
DH's take home has gone up by $62 a month. I noticed it on our online statement. I haven't seen an actual check stub in months. DH probably needs to clean out his work bag- just like a kid with a backpack:) He received the extra the past 2 pay periods. Heather

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 2:06pm

Thanks Jess and everyone. I don;t think it will make that much of a difference so I didn't budget for it. If I have extra money then I will just keep adding to the FAT A$$ monkey that is hanging on my back.
Jess I don't know if I ever told you but I love watching your ticker- you and I are in the same boat we both are in about the same amount of debt and have to find creative ways to make money because we are SAHM.I love watching it go down because it means that mine is going down too!

BTW I didn't look into this sim pkg just becuase.... because.... without getting into a politcal thing- can someone please tell me how they are giving us extra money. Like are they cutting our taxes? or givnig the employers money to give to the employees? Also does this mean that a SAHM will not have the change to get extra money? If I were to have a part time job would I have gotten the money or is it done on household income.

If you don't know no worries. I tried to look it up on-line but I could find anything.

Thanks

Erin
Erin
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 4:16pm

I keep reading different things about it. So I don't want to say something and it not be true. Kiwm. I did find that

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 4:49pm

This is a tax cut of $400 per year per adult. You get this even if you are a SAHM, if it does not come out of DH's check then it will show up on your tax return for 2009.

Dh's check has increased by about $28. Federal taxes were decreased by $30 but state taxes went up by $2??? I don't know what's up with state taxes, there has been like 4 different amount witheld on this year's paychecks.

Beckie

mom of 5 cuties

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 4:58pm

My check was about $40 more.

Wedding

Pages