4/16 Thrifty Thursday

iVillage Member
4/16 Thrifty Thursday
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 1:17pm

Have you been frugal or unfrugal this week? Maybe a little of both? Did you have any days when you did not spend any money at all?

I've been mostly frugal this week doing my regular frugal stuff. No *no spend days* though. It seems like everyday was something--groceries, gas, household supplies, stamps.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 2:32pm

Same thing here...everyday it's been something! Groceries, safe deposit box fee due, pay the accountant, pharmacy, etc...

On the flip side, we got our tax refunds, plus we got

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 4:58pm

Well this week has been werid. I haven't wanted to leave the house all week. I'v been tired. We are out of bread and eggs. To staples for me. But I just don't want to go to the store. Then on tuesday The Reader cam out on dvd and I really wanted to see it last week but no...

So all and all It's been a no spend week. I am a little upset with myself, I mean I didn't even make a menu??? But I just cooked what was in there. Am I finally not wanting to shop anymore?? LOL

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 8:56pm

This week has been really good. We made it work on $200 and $70 of that went to one meal out this week that we had budgeted. I made a potluck dish from things I already had and it turned out good... even though it was only spaghetti.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 8:49am

I have been mostly busy at home beside out to get my taxes done on tuesday and normal everyday school drop off/pickup

I did get to the one meeting to get the girls free bike helmets/free dinner for me on wednesday evening

My youngest just started having her wraparound service people coming this week so I have to stay home and get in the routine with someone coming into my house 5 days a week for at least 2-3 hours a day

I saved $1.04/gallon of gas so my fill up cost me only half of the normal amount

I managed to wash 6 loads of laundry in cold water but I did dry them in the dryer

tonite (friday) is ladies nite out for a stretching your dollar topic so I am planning on that

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 10:20am

Very frugal week out of necessity, DH has been traveling a lot and draining the bank account in the process, LOL.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 9:32pm
With the exception of my spontaneous decision to have Applebees Wednesday (including an $8 drink!), it was a pretty frugal week in comparison to other weeks. Granted, none of them seem incredibly frugal but by comparison, it was okay. I didn't spend any money Monday or Tuesday.

Photobucket<