Ebay/craigslist/etsy

iVillage Member
Ebay/craigslist/etsy
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 1:16pm

Hi everyone!

So, I have a lot of maternity clothes that I bought last year - and I want to sell them. Does anyone know the best way to do this? I've seen listings on craigslist when you click a link to go to an on-line "store" where you can view photos - is that photobucket or something else?

Any advice would be most appreciated! TIA!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 1:20pm
You could list them on the Flea Market board tosee if you get some interest.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 7:01pm
I took mine into one of those baby consignment places.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-30-2009 - 10:05am

I have an consignment store near by, but it's true consignment, they take the stuff for 90 days and if it doesn't sell, they give it back to you. I didn't want to get a bunch of summer clothes back in the fall, so I wanted to try to sell them on my own first.

I've put an ad on craigslist, and my neighbourhood is having a huge garage sale next weekend - anything left after that I'll take to the consignment store. I spent close to $1000 on these clothes (I know, I shouldn't even admit that on the Frugal board! ;)), so I'm hoping to recoup some of that! (some of the clothes were only worn once or twice, they were purchased for special events, and some things I grew through so fast I barely had time to wear them!!)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-30-2009 - 10:31am

Honestly I would ebay.

Photobucket Follow my money saving blog! ht
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-31-2009 - 12:50pm

In that case, I would eBay in lots, as the PP suggested.

Most of my mat clothes were bought on deep clearance (I lived near good outlets), or my mother picked up nearly new designer pieces at the local charity thrift, where she volunteers (it's an affluent neighborhood), so outlay was minimal, even for eveningwear.

I went to Once Upon a Child, and gave everything else to the battered families' shelter.