Do you ever treat yourself?

iVillage Member
Do you ever treat yourself?
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 3:40pm

What are some of the ways you treat or pamper yourself?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 4:35pm

I'm all or nothing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 6:54pm

What some folks consider treat, I consider feminine necessity--such as manicure/pedicure, stylized cut/color, etc.

A TREAT for ME would be going to the beach (I don't live near one), attending an outdoor

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 2:13am
That is rare these days, since it is physically not in the budget.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 10:35am

Funny, a spa type treatment/mani pedi would not be a treat for me just not my thing.
For me a treat is something for the house or garden. Decor items or plants, bulbs and shopping for them, total treat. Guilt free in a way I suppose because I can write it off as not being for me which it totally is!LOL

Liesl

March
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 3:08pm
I have never had my eyebrows done professionally.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 3:13pm

You know, Liesl...I think we're on the same page with the mani/pedi thing.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 6:43pm

Jen,
It's not about the fungal thing for me. I don't know what it is. It's just not my thing having the attention on me makes me nervous. Not big on strangers touching me either! I do my own toes. I think painted toes are pretty.
I suppose a manicure wouldn't last long as I am in my yard all the time!LOL

Liesl

March
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-24-2009 - 7:04pm
I treat myself to highlights about 4 times a year. My dh loves my hair long and it takes $ to keep it in good shape. My gf used to do it from her home but now she is in a shop. My dd also goes there about 4 times a year.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-01-2009 - 2:33pm

I rarely do the self pampering thing. I've had my hair highlighted once - I hate the look of grown out roots and don't have the money to spend to keep up a look. My hair was last cut 3+ months ago right before I was laid off. My last pedicure was 3+ years ago, and the only other pedi I had before that was the day before my wedding 10.5 years ago, which was when I had my last mani. I've had one massage about 7+ years ago. I would love to do these things more often, but I can't justify the expense.

I'm more likely to buy myself a book or magazine. Of course, my recent treat to myself was a total flop. I read and love Vince Flynn's books and have them in hardcover. Last year for xmas I got the latest one in hardcover, but was still missing the one before that. I'd looked for it a couple of times at the local used book store, but never had any luck. I was ordering my dtv converter the other day from amazon and decided to treat myself to that book that I was missing so I could catch up on the stories. Amazon had it for about $17, and the shipping would be free because of the coverter box. Two days later I get the email saying the order shipped and could no longer be changed. A day later, I was killing time at the used book store while getting an oil change and of course they had 4 copies of the book I had just ordered for $17 in the store for $8.50. Grr!! I was more mad at myself than anything. I guess I should alway double check the store before I go ahead and order.

Kris

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-07-2009 - 12:06am

My last hair cut was 3+ months ago. I have let my own color grow out (after 22 yrs of color)so that I never have to worry about roots again, or highlights now that I have silver streaks running through my hair.

There are alot of things that I have not treated myself to like manicures or pedicures. I have always gone natural unless I use clear polish. However, my DD painted my toe nails on Mother's Day and I want to paint them again. So I will treat myself to a bottle of nail polish.

My splurge is coffee. We buy a pound of coffee beans from Starbucks and have them grind it for us. We brew this at home on the weekends. And we buy coffee creamer. That's how we do Starbucks! LOL!

Oh, and I have an obsession with buying Fabric. But I have vowed to only use what I have already for future projects. This is my greatest temptation. So I have to stay out of stores that carry fabric.

siiy 2009

Pages