QOTW....Mid-year $ reflections.....

iVillage Member
QOTW....Mid-year $ reflections.....
Wed, 07-01-2009 - 9:41pm

June is already over! Where does time go to ?? Half of 2009 is also over... let's take a few minutes to look back over the last
Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-01-2009 - 9:47pm

Here are my goals and analysis. 2nd quarter progress in red ...........

Financial: Use as little as possible from our *job EF*. Keep scrutinizing the budget every month to see where we can save some $$. Hard to believe, but after 7 months of dh being out of work, we have still NOT touched our *job EF*. Don't ask me how because I can barely believe that myself!! Just goes to show how bare-bones our budget already was because we have not made that many drastic changes. One other financial biggie we've done since the 1st of the year is pay off our travel trailer, about 4-1/2 years early; I decided to go ahead & pull the $$ out of savings and be done with it (even w/dh out of work). So we're back to only mortgage

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 9:13am
New Financial goals:

1. Make a workable budget.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 9:28am

Kelly, you are an inspiration, doing so well on

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 10:00am

Thanks, Laura. I sure don't feel like I'm an inspiration. Lots of times I've about posted a big old venting, pity-party post.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 4:00pm

I've been MIA for the past few months, our computer crashed and I lost all my favorites...I also had a sweet baby boy at the end of April (born at home)it was a great experience!

Kelly is there a link to our 1st quarter goals? I think I posted, but I forgot what my goals were!

We are finding out that April is not a good month for us...we start spending more and more money...it must be the nicer weather, and more activites. I've been waiting to get my computer back so I can redo our budget, and we've had it back for about a month and I'm just now starting to think about it!

Thanks to Terra for my

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 4:04pm

Erica, here's the 2009 Goals and also the 1st quarter review.

Congratulations on the new baby!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 11:42pm

Kelly you're such a task-master!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-03-2009 - 1:55am

ack...I just typed up my whole message then lost it!

Goal: Cut down debt and take control of the grocery bill...

Cutting down debt....got CC debt transferred to a personal loan and we are cutting that down $885 a month as long as I'm babysitting both girls. At that rate it will be paid off in just over 5 months. Still have a 10K debt for the Truck, and a 5.5K for the student loan.

Grocery...we stopped meal planning when the baby arrived (end of April) and started spending money on eating out again and spent more money on clothes and extras that we shouldn't have. At least we caught it after just a couple of months this time instead of after the entire summer was gone! We aren't in extra debt from it,but we spent any extra that we would have had. We are skimming the bottom of the bucket now. So frustrated with myself!

Personal Goals: Date night and decluttering

Both going so-so....not really doing much for date night. Haveing trouble leaving the 17month old with a sitter because of timing and now we have a 2 month old that is breast feeding...so date nights are more like getting ice cream and renting at Redbox....which to me isn't much of a date night even though the babies are in bed. We only have $20 a month for dates...so its hard to figure out what to do.

Decluttering....much better its a continual process for sure.

Thanks to Terra for my