Find a Conversation
|Fri, 07-17-2009 - 10:16pm|
I am new here, and I need some advice. We are really up to our eyeballs in debt about 1 years income worth so it's not something we can pay off quickly but I am so ready to be out of debt (this is not counting the mortgage).
The main problems are:
1. No time to try and plan to save money.
2. Husband is NOT on board at all :-(
I have tried all the obvious things. I am really at a loss. I know you ladies live this so you will know what works and what does not. Here is what we do:
1. We reduce all utilities as much as possible
2. I attempt to bargain shop. Sometimes I am good at this and sometimes not - it just seems to take too much effort. With three kids under three lots of times I am just struggling to keep up.
3. We drive one car, not two - as to save on insurance. (it is not a new car so we do not have payments either)
4. We do not have "entertaintment costs" Honestly would love to be able to afford this but as is we do not have any time to take advantage of it anyway..
It's important to me to be able to be debt free, and to be able to stay at home with my kids. Right now I have a night job as a bartender from the time my husband gets home to the middle of the night.