looks like we loose our income on sept 2

iVillage Member
looks like we loose our income on sept 2
Sat, 08-15-2009 - 11:32pm

Looks like dh job is going to do a number on us.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 11:57am
Hope things get better for you's.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 9:02am

I think that is just awful that a company would eliminate a reservist's job. He has been protecting our country! I hope you are able to get some good advice from legal today.

Keep us posted! Good luck!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 11:15am

I don't understand why you worded that it's "wrong"? Maybe just the way you worded it is what is confusing me.

I'm sorry that things are turbulent, but at least there are opportunities for work. Others would be happy to have those prospects. When my husband was out of work I would have done anything to have a job offer, even if it came with a move. Men don't do well when they are out of work for a long time.

I know we had to eliminate the job of someone coming back from maternity leave. While she was gone, the work that there was for her to do became non-existent. We had no other job for her to go into. She wasn't qualified for any other position in the current environment. So it looked bad, but the reality was that she was the low person of the two in that position, and there wasn't enough work for two people. It does suck that your husband was serving when this all happens, and it sucks in general. I'm just glad that you do have some opportunities, even if they aren't exactly what you were hoping for.

And I very seldom give credence to cost of living calculators. They tend to do an exact comparison of the worst case scenario and since you are on this board, you are comparing it to your frugal life, so the contrast seems higher kwim? Should you move, you would seek out the most cost effective solution, and those opportunities are everywhere. Maybe this will turn out to be a really great thing, even if it doesn't look so rosy right now.

I truly mean my post to be gentle in my post, not accusatory. Tone is hard in a post. I was just hoping to get you to see that there may be some good things because you do have a job offer, so it's not a total loss, even if it's not what you were wanting to do right now. I don't really know the details of your specifics, so if I've crossed a line, I apologize.

And, btw, thanks to both of you for your service and sacrifice to our country. I admire so much military families because of all that you have to endure for the rest of us....the big and small sacrifices you make everyday make my life look like a walk in the park. Please know that and know that I hope the best for your family.

Good luck,

Laura

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 2:03pm

It sounds as if you guys are all in a tough position right now and trying hard to make the right decisions for your family.

Being a military spouse I know that deployments are hard and dangerous.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 3:10pm

ok wrong was a bad choice, illegal is a better one.

PhotobucketPhotobucket