Mid-month goal check

iVillage Member
Mid-month goal check
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 3:03pm

How are you doing w/your February goals?

Here's my progress.........

1. Continue w/the shopping exile. So-so on this. The grocery side is doing ok, but as far as household supplies, I've had to get dogfood, stamps & an ink cartridge refill. Those are adding up.

Kelly

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 4:28pm

1. Do Wii Fit 5 times a week, and keep up with my weightloss, try to get to the gym 3 times a week. --> so far this is a goal and no progress has been made. I really need to ramp this up this week.

2. Declutter the house, and sell what is sellable on Craigslist or eBay. --> I did some of this. I sold all the baby stuff on craigslist, along with my entertainment center/tv and couches, to make room for a new living room set.

3. Keep up with the finances and the goal of having money left over at the end of each week.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 11:43pm

button13.gif picture by stephanienegron

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 7:37am

--Jenn

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 5:31pm

1. Get taxes done.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 6:30pm

1. Keep February spending low enough so that Jan and Feb combined average out to be under my monthly limits. - So far I'm on track for everything except eating out. I was going to do okay with this, and then I got sick. Sinus infection and pink eye. And when I'm sick, what do I want? McDonalds. Ugh. That just means I'll have to cut back in March again to balance out. The good news is that I just got $125 in gift certificates from MyPoints so this shouldn't be a problem! (I don't count the gift certificates; they're "bonus.")

2. Make my sister's room (and the spare bedroom) more livable and less like a storage room exploded in there. We have furniture that we don't need along with a bunch of "crap" that needs to go. - I listed stuff on Craigslist, and I've had a few people respond with "is it still available?" but nothing becomes of it. I'm not quite at the "give away" point yet so I'm just holding out until people are more interested I guess.

3. Use the Wii at least 3 times per week. - I'm having

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 12:03am

1. Basically survive the month. Paychecks are unusually low this month bc I'm a SAHM and my fiance was injured last month and then one day after he returned to work we had a snow storm and he works outside so he has missed a lot and he was also out yesterday for a folllow up appt. So far were doing just fine keeping our heads above water, but I'm REALLY nervous about seeing this next paycheck lol.Well I just posted this a week ago, pay day isnt until this Friday but so far were doing fine. Bills are all paid up until the next payday, we have groceries so were surviving.

2, Cut any eating out for the rest of the month. We only ate out once last week but there is just no wiggle room this month! I don't know why it use to be so hard for us it feels so easy now to not eat out. We ate out again one time this week. I need to plan better for grocery days I think bc its so easy to eat out when youre tired from shopping and its getting late. May start planning a leftover night or crock pot night on shopping days from now on.

3. Find a site for our wedding, we just started planning our wedding and were getting married in 5 months. were crazy. Its because we are getting married on our 5 year anniversary. So literally like 2 days after we decided this we found out theres a small possibility my fiance may get laid off. Were putting the planning on hold until we find out, hopefully monday but his work is SO SLOW about this stuff, the waiting is killing me.

4. Cut back on sodas!!!! Not doing too well on this one I need to get myself in check on this goal. Ive been letting the stress of things win.

5. Finish cleaning out the kitchen cabinets. Started a week ago and are halfway done but its been a CRAZY week! Havn't even touched them since this whole layoff thing.

laurenaugust.gif picture by wowen<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 12:07am

Lauren,

I try to plan my menus ahead enough that I'm mid-week in my menus when I go shopping.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 12:10am

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 5:49am

1. put extra 120.00 onto debt. (I already accomplished that). well we already know i did that one.

2. put 200 into savings. not yet still waiting on the school the send the tuition check.

3. Meal Plan. I have been doing that.

4. Declutter bedroom and Mason's room. I went through my clothes so far. I just need to go through the two closets then our bedroom will be done.

5. Set up a workout calendar and stick to it. :) Well I have been working out so I am just going to skip this one. My manager bought me a workout calendar since I like doing that. :)

6. I did add another goal of adding to debt. It looks like I will be able to add some more money but not 200. I lost about 16 hours due to weather. :)

Jess

I feel really good about the goals that I want to accomplish.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 8:41am
Thanks, I plan all my meals also. The problem just seems to end up being that we don't FEEL like cooking after getting groceries or dealing with the mess so I just need to start specifically planning for that night a dinner thats very little cooking or mess.

laurenaugust.gif picture by wowen<

Pages