Tax refund

iVillage Member
Tax refund
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 2:10pm

Our tax refund should be in my bank account tomorrow! $4500. I am really excited.

We are paying $1950 to my parents for the car I have been driving for the last 6 months. We will pay $500 to the auto body shop to get the car that was stolen 6 months ago fixed. We got the car back but didn't have the $500 to send it to the body shop for the deductible. We are also paying the dr off, $349. And starting our emergency fund of $500 for the TMM. Paying off a loan of $408. Opening a health savings account, $100. With the money that is left, DH will get new glasses, we will get a dinning room table that Jacob can sit at, and we will stock up on other items that we need/use.

Photobucket

thanks to beccamarie82 for the super AWESOME new siggy!!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: issyamerica
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 2:35pm
Wow!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 2:52pm
I only got back $400, xh gets to claim the kids this year. That money will sit in my savings until I need it, and will go to take care of the things that child support just doesn't cover, like softball fees.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 7:29pm
I love getting tax refunds back. Congrats on your refund - and everything you accomplished with it. We got a similar armount back, but I don't feel like I accomplished as much. I guess it's b'cuz we put $2800 into savings ($2300 into Emergency Fund and $500 into Vacation Account). The rest went to buying me a Wii, DH a few video games, paying off a few small medical bills (like $130 worth), and have a few hundred left over that I haven't decided what to do with. It's nice to have that extra money, isn't it?

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-20-2010 - 12:40pm

Sounds like you have a good, sensible plan!

We are VERY unexpectedly getting a similar amount back. I was seriously thinking we would have to pay something in or maybe just break even. While it's good we're getting so much back, the reason for it is not so great. W/dh being out of work, we qualify for the EIC. That coupled w/the child tax credit, the work pay thing plus some education credits = the big refund for us. However we do have to pay about $600 to state. Go figure!

Still trying to decide if we want to do anything besides save our refund. If anything, it will be some home improvement thing. But even that won't take up the entire amount so we should be able to save a good chunk.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-20-2010 - 1:38pm

I love getting the extra money back!

It really helps this month because I had to quit the side job I had and I don't start my new job till tomorrow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-20-2010 - 2:00pm

We are getting $37 back from state. :-) Dh's job doesn't take out state tax because he works in the next state over and they don't have a state income tax, so they don't take out for our state income tax. But because we don't make a lot we qualify for the EIC, making work pay and we get the child tax credit. And in ID we get a grocery credit and something else. I was just glad we didn't have to pay!

We are working Dave Ramsey plan. :-) So excited!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 12:00am

Hey I know you ;)

We are getting a lot less back than last year because DF made 3k more than last year and it bumped him up to the next tax bracket. We had to pay back 1,000 on a loan from a family member and now the rest of the money we are sitting and using to pay for a new (old) car/wedding expenses as well as moving cost a few months from now. Ofcourse it isnt going to pay for all of it, DF is working a lot right now and we are going to be adding more money to it.

laurenaugust.gif picture by wowen<