QOTW.....Easter......

iVillage Member
QOTW.....Easter......
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 7:50am
Easter is just a little over 2 weeks away. Do you do Easter baskets? Host an Easter egg hunt or dinner? What are some of your Easter traditions?
Kelly

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 8:36am
I know our son is an adult.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 11:58am

I probably have to work. So I'm not sure what we will do. I thought we were going out of town like we used to do pre-crappy economy, but I think I MAY be scheduled for a vacation in 2025. phooey

Dd, 14, will get a cool Easter basket with a new bathing suit, maybe an itunes card, a ton of candy, and some other little thing. She needs clothes! She's growing out of everything.

Dh will get a basket of candy, some butter toffee peanuts and licorice for sure, and probably a cigar.

I will probably put something fun in a basket for myself too. A little jewelry or something inexpensive.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 12:22pm

I think dh and I decided the girls will get scooters

Becky
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 1:24pm

We will doing eggs, making a small basket of eggs and Johnathon will be getting a new bike (his first 2 wheeler) and a new helmet.

Not sure what else. I still have to get an easter basket for Johnathon for this year. Might go to Party city or Walmart for one.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 2:33pm

Since Meagan is 3 1/2 this year, we will definately do a larger egg hunt.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 8:42pm
DS is 13 this year but we will still color eggs on Good Friday.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 9:16pm

I like to do baskets for everyone, but we're broke this year....the grandkids are getting baskets with a little candy, a box of animal crackers, bubbles, a coloring book and some "little people"

everyone else is just getting some candy

Sherry

happily married since 2003...a blended family with 4 kids, 2 beautiful granddaughters

Sherry<with 3 kids, 2 beautiful granddaughters

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 11:07am

We'll decorate eggs on Good Friday, hide baskets of candy for the kids, church on Easter morning, and brunch at my sister's house.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 12:27pm

Like you said, I think older kids enjoy Easter egg hunts as much as younger kids do. I love the way that our city does egg hunts. They do them by age group, and it goes all the way up to 12yo. Then they do a final egg hunt for teens/adults who have to do the hunt as a 3-legged race. It's quite fun for all ages!

None of the plastic eggs has anything tremendously exciting in it (stickers, bracelets, pirate eye patches, etc), but the fun is in the collecting of the eggs. Because of all the divided age groups, there's no actual "hunting" for the eggs. They're just all out in an open field, roped off by ages, but in each section there's a golden egg that has $10 in it, so there's still a little bit of adventure to the hunt even tho' the eggs aren't hidden.

I've seen friends who've done eggs hunts for the different ages by designating different colored eggs for the different ages. So the youngest kids look for one color, and the older kids look for another color. That way the egg hunt is still fair and it doesn't leave out the older kids.

My kids love to color eggs, so that's their big Easter fun. We buy tons of eggs, and they get to decorate to their heart's content. Their baskets usually have a little candy and a few small toys. Occasionally I'll throw in a cheap DVD, but we don't make it into a big gifty occasion.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 12:27pm
we will decorate eggs do a easter egg hunt...alex will get a wii game in his basket *i got talked into a wii a month ago or so LOL* and lily a little peoples bus i think...
both will get candy not sure about a bunny for lily have to check to see what whole foods has she can eat .. if no bunny i think they have gluten free candy bars
alexnlilyfall
Photobucket

Pages