Should be able to huge shop this week

iVillage Member
Should be able to huge shop this week
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 2:10pm
Things are working out so far for us. We finally get the money on the loan for the basement on Monday. Because of the timing of things. I won't have to make a car payment in August. That is being paid off in the home equity loan. The first payment on the loan is not till September if I am right. That leaves me some money to play with in a sense. Dh agreed we could do a big food shop. I would be able to load up the freezer big time. Then stock up on nonparishables also. If I have my way. We will be going to Woodmans Market. Or at minimum Aldi's. I am going to do some rearranging in my freezer and cubboards. Then plan out what I would like to buy. I think I want to designate shelves in my upright freezer to different things. Meats,vegetables etc. Making more room for more things. I keep thinking in my head all the things I want to buy. What I could be cooking with all this food. How far am I going to stretch it. I have a Foodsaver. I can buy family packs of meat for a good price. Then vacuum pack it for individual meals. I think I am going to go in the freezer this afternoon see how I can rearrange everything. I may make a list of things I want to buy.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 9:49pm

This is great news Carol! I think you are wise to evaluate how to best shop, and then buy those family packs to really get the best deals.

I have had that happen a few times too, where a loan gets deferred a month, and you end up with a bit extra!

Have fun making that big ole' list :)

Suz, Proud Single Mother By Choice to three beautiful children:

Suz, Proud Single Mother By Choice to three beautiful children:  a sweet daughter (born 12.04) and adorable twin sons (born 3.08)

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 11:00am
Did part of that huge shopping. We went to Walmart first for somethings for the house. Got some grocery items there. Including some nonparishable items. Then hit the grocery store for their meat deals for the week. There is some other things I still want to pick up for the freezer. My game plan was to stuff the freezer real full. I divided up the shelves. Frozen veggies on one shelf. Meat on another well on 2 shelves. Then odd items like french fries/tater tots, packs of garlic bread on the door racks. One more spot can be for frozen pizza's when I get some.