Mad at EBay

iVillage Member
Mad at EBay
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 9:28pm
July 21st I ordered a Rival deep fryer. My Emeril one by TFal stopped working. Dh says go ahead get a new one. I didn't see much of what I wanted at the store. I didn't want a wimpy Fry Daddy. So I go on EBay. See this dandy Rival one. It's the same capacity of oil as my Emeril one. The container where the oil sits come out for washing. I figure about a week for my delivery. It was coming from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin. Today is August 14th. I still do not have my deep fryer. A week ago August 6th finally get a tracking notice from UPS. It says estimated Delivery August 11th. That was Wednesday. Which would of been 3 weeks to the date. That came and went. Still do not have my fryer. Thursday the 12th I contact the seller about it. Did not get a response yet. Pay Pal shows my transaction. That the seller got their money. Pay Pal said they'd look into it. From one state to another should not take 3 or 4 weeks or longer. Not unless you paid via check. They were waiting on the check to clear. I paid via Pay Pal with a credit card. Because that's how most sellers will only take payment. Pay Pal gave the seller till the 26th of this month to answer back on my claim. If I still do not have my fryer by then. I am going to fight for my money back.

iVillage Member
In reply to: carolwood
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 9:38pm

If there is a tracking number with UPS, that means the item has shipped and that the issue is with UPS.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 10:05pm

I go to the tracking. All it says they received shipping notice. Does not say where in the delivery process my box is. Or do they actually have my box. Says if I have question about the shipping. Click some link. It takes me to Pay Pal. So that is why I questioned it there. There were choices item not received, item damaged, item not as advertised. I think one more choice. So I click on the one that says Item not received. It opens up a space to leave a message. I ask where in the shipping is my box. Why over 3 weeks from state to state. That tracking would not let me see where in the shipping it is. That's when they said they will check into it.

Edited 8/14/2010 10:08 pm ET by carolwood

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 10:39pm
Wow, yeah, that's very weird.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 9:41am

Umm normally when it says they received the shipping info, it just means that the seller contacted them and obtained a shipping label (usually off the internet). If they actually had your package, it would say in transit. FWIW, I don't think the seller shipped it yet :( Paypal is good though. Even if something happened in shipping, the seller is responsible and paypal will take your money back from the seller.

Don't be mad at ebay or paypal; be mad at the seller. I had a similar situation back in like 2005, but I didn't let one seller ruin it - you know what they say about one bad apple not spoiling the bunch ;)

Good luck getting it taken care of. Let us know what happens; I'll be interested to find out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 10:12am
When I mean mad at EBay. I mean mad at the seller on EBay. If July 21st I purchased my item. You'd think in couple days they'd have the shipping label. Or the package would also be in the shippers hands. But 2 weeks later August 6th. I first get notice they got the shipping notice. Which therefore does not mean they had the box. You'd think by August 11th then the box would of long been in the shippers hands and on its way to me. I tried checking with UPS on my box online. Seeing if the box was in their hands yet. It keeps taking me back to they received shipping notice. Then had the link to Pay Pal to dispute this. This seller is not getting a good review from me. I don't care if they get mad. This will be the 2nd time I ever gave a bad feedback on a seller. 1st time was when I bought our son an alto sax. I click on the buy it now option. Paid. My saxaphone was shipped and all. Then I kept getting comments from the seller I need to pay. Then they will ship my sax. I wrote them that I did pay. I have my Pay Pal transaction. They kept pestering me some weeks saying how dare I not pay for an item I purchased. Finally took it up with Pay Pal and EBay. That I ordered one Saxaphone and paid for one Saxaphone. Received one. Finally it got settled. Based on quality of my item and when I actually receive it. I will give them neutral saying shipping took to long at minimum. They are definitely not getting positive feedback.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 12:21pm
I agree that the shipping is unreasonable, and I think they definitely deserve negative feedback (not even neutral).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 7:35pm
I won't leave feedback until I get my fryer. I notice anytime you order on EBay. Before you get your item. They always remind you. You have a item to leave feedback for. I don't think anyone would leave feedback until they get their item. I am thinking bad feedback. I was lurking on the EBay Etsy board. Someone posted an article about a person being sued for giving bad feedback. I didn't read the whole article. But it appeared someone bought a clock. It came in some pieces that didn't appear to go together. So the buyer was angry. Left bad feedback. Turned out it was a lawyer who sold the person the clock. They sued them for a mess of money. Said this buyer wasn't ruining their 100% score. Don't know if the person had to pay up. Like I said never read the whole story.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 5:28am
I totally agree with you, sometimes you run out of options, i stopped using ebay now.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 2:44pm

Is it shipping from USPS or UPS? If something is shipped via USPS, most of the time the tracking will just say that the shipment notification was received up until the day it arrives on my doorstep. UPS tracking is really very accurate.

Have you heard anything back yet or received the fryer?

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 11:03am
It's UPS. They are usually good about detailed tracking. I would get updates through the whole shipping process until it says out for delivery. UPS says they are tracing the package. That it is in their system somewhere. But they have to find it. So I told Pay Pal I'd rather have my item. But if it got lost or something. Then just refund the money. They are still investigating things.