Going through budget for new year are U

iVillage Member
Going through budget for new year are U
Sat, 12-13-2008 - 1:02pm
I was sitting down this morning going over all our bills etc. for a month.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-13-2008 - 2:11pm
Sounds very good to me! I basically try to resist the temptations to buy something I see and like. I will wait for 3 days and see if I still think I need/want it. I am already more careful on my spendings and I guess it is more of a good habit I want to keep. concerning the changes, I am also going to stock up as much as I can. On top of that, I am going to try to cook for the week during the week end and. Basically make a lot of freezer menus, take one out of the freezer in the morning. That way it can thaw during the day so all I need to do in the evening when coming home is heat it up and make a salad, or whatever fresh sidedish I want to eat. I am also trying to use the natural resources a little more. As a kid, we had a ball with strawberry and blueberry picking in the woods where we grew up. My grandma made so great pies or jelly using these. I also remember my grandma making yummy juice out of elder. I wonder if she still remembers the recipe. I want my kids to have the same experiences. I guess I kind of forgot for a while that we don't necessarily have to buy our food or cultivate it ourselves in the garden.