Sooo tired of this budget nonsense....

iVillage Member
Sooo tired of this budget nonsense....
Wed, 01-14-2009 - 10:38pm

Well, the job my DH was on let him go today. (he's a union electrician) They were suppose to work him until Fri., so I guess he'll make it to his dentist appointment afterall. Which is good because he's in serious pain from a missing filling. But that means his paycheck is not quite as big as we though it would be. Also, I think they took out more taxes because of all the OT he got put him in a higher tax bracket. Is that possible?

So I will pay the bills I need to, with just the "normal" payment to Capital One. I am going to make the last payments to the 2 bills I wanted to. One is to our ATV, and I would feel silly paying more late fees. The other is the propane bill for our old house. They have us in collections, and I'm sick of getting phone calls. Also, I will give my MIL money, as she is in a very tight financial siuation, and needs it more than us.

The things that have to wait for the tax return are, the DMV payment on our travel trailer, more firewood, and my new glasses. We have vision coverage, but Wal Mart says I would have to pay for them upfront, then get reimbursed. Also, I really would like to do a big stock-up at Costco, but realised my membership is due. I'm not sure paying $50 to renew, is off-set by the savings on $300 of household stuff. grrr

I guess I better get busy listing stuff on Ebay....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-15-2009 - 8:52am

Does Costco still offer one-day visitor passes at it's Customer Service Counter? It wouldn't hurt to ask, and that way, when you do need to stock up, you could just go in and do your shopping. :)

Patty

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-15-2009 - 12:58pm
I'd forgotten about that. I'll have to call and ask. I think they may charge you a small premium...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket