Wow these boards sure load slow.

iVillage Member
Wow these boards sure load slow.
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:28am
I really don't like it! I'm trying to be fair but it took my computer 10 minutes to try and find two posts. Anyone else having this problem? I have to say that I didn't like this format on other sites. I like to scan and see what is new not have to click on every post to see the new reponses. Anyway to do it so I can see everything? If this has been discussed I'm sorry I'm not the most patient person on the computer! Tawra
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:36am
I would have to agree. I originally chose ParentsPlace boards for their ease of use. I now find this new format tedious and time-consuming. I know that it's new and will take some getting used to, but I really don't see spending as much time here a I used to. I used to have to skim things over and pick and choose what to read/see. Now, it just takes too darned long and I have to sort through a lot of crap. It's too bad. I think ParentsPlace is going to lose a lot of people.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:42am
I agree totally. It's so slow and I hate this format. I'm going to miss so much on this board! I don't post that much, but I usually read everything. Well, no longer. I'm really sorry they felt the need to change to this.

Amy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:56am
I've been around for about 3 years now but I'm afraid this is it. You are right, Tawra, these load WAY too slow. It will take all day to check the board. I'm outta here!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:33am
Even slow on dsl! I think our traffic will slow WAY down now...(m)

This used to be such a fast moving, busy board. Look at today : Hardly 1/2 the posts we'd usually have by 9 AM ! I think we might lose a lot of people & definately slow down our daily traffic with this format. I am not one for changing a good thing, so I'm just not one to say many "nice" things about it today. I'm *trying* to give it a fair shot & stick around, but....its very frustrating & I don't have ALL DAY to be online reading 7 windows!

Brandi

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:42am
My computer started taking forever to load the posts too. I've put my view of the board on 'outline view'. That way it looks like the old board. I also find, when i get stuck going into a post, that if I just hit the 'x' to cancel and then reload, it's quicker than waiting for the original load order to work. Don't ask why. Maybe they have a lot of people trying to access the site. Maybe the computers have to reset something, I don't know. No great computer geek here! I am very frustrated there is no "?embed=all" command anymore. This will definitely decrease the amount of time I can spend here. All this change, I suspect, is for the companies advertising. ParentsPlace might lose a lot of board people, but they obviously figure they can recoup that cost with advertising funds. I'll be real sorry if lots of people leave though. I enjoy chatting and peeking in on you ladies.

Jean