FOLDERS info. Need your opinions, please
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:56pm|
Yes, we will have board folders that correspond to the headings we used in the old format. I got an email dated at 1:00 a.m. this morning letting us know the boards would go live today, so we didn't have a lot of time to get organized. That and the fact that I'm dealing with a new baby, and our other CL is also dealing with family issues, doesn't bode well for us being on top of things. LOL.. Hope you understand and have a little patience while we get this sorted out.
Anyhow, we can have up to 16 folders on our board. These will be permanent. Meaning, they won't change daily or even seasonally. If we want changes made, they have to be submitted and reviewed and make take days or weeks to get processed.
My feelings on the matter are that we should be pretty organized with the folders, but that too many will be more of a burden than a help. For those of you who frequent other boards, have you gotten a sense of how many folders might work?
I'd really like your opinions on this. Especially from those of you who have set up the board in the morning.
These are the folders I could think of... but it might be too many. The way I wrote them is obviously too long, I was just trying to be descriptive for the brainstorming process. Any opinions?
1. Introductions / Roll Calls
2. Frugal Victories
3. Frugal Flops
4. Parenting (Kids, Pregnancy, Childcare, etc.)
5. Food and Cooking (Recipe Requests, What do I do with?, Menu ideas, etc.)
6. Around the House (Laundry, Home Repairs, Appliances etc.)
7. Etiquette/Parties/Gift Giving
8. Money/Budget/Finance/Bills Concerns
9. Shopping (Is this a good deal? Product recommendations, Groceries, Clothing, ...)
10. Frugal Resources (books, magazines, websites, etc)
12. Seasonal (Christmas gifts, Gardening, Halloween Costumes)
Leslie (sorry I don't have my CL hat on -- couldn't figure out how change between screen names yet!)