sticky chicken recipe please

iVillage Member
sticky chicken recipe please
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 9:24am
I always meant to go to FAQs and get the recipe but never did. Now it appears that FAQs is gone so could someone please post the recipe one more time? TIA! Vicki
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:04am
Yay! It feels like home now, with our first request for the sticky chicken recipe. :-D

I hope someone has it handy, because the only version I had was link to a previous post. And for some reason the search function isn't working for me. I'm sure it will be sorted out soon.... (I hope it will!)

Leslie
cl-lfbennett @ Frugal Living

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:12am
I found this recipe by doing a google search. Can anyone tell us if this is the same Sticky Chicken recipe that we always pass around here?

**Crockpot Sticky Chicken**

This chicken turns a beautiful gorgeous brown color and is so moist and delicious.

3 Tbsp. honey

2 Tbsp. soy sauce

1 tsp. finely minced gingerroot

1 4 pound whole roasting chicken

3 minced garlic cloves

1 whole orange, sliced

2 Tbsp. cornstarch

3 Tbsp. orange juice

Rinse chicken thoroughly and drain well. Pat the chicken with paper towels to dry well. Stuff garlic and orange slices inside chicken.

Spray a 4-6 quart crockpot with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken inside. Combine honey, soy sauce and gingerroot in small bowl and pour over chicken. Cover crockpot. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. The chicken should be fork tender and thoroughly cooked.

Remove chicken from crockpot and cover with foil to keep warm. Mix cornstarch and orange juice in small saucepan and add the juices left in the crockpot. Mix well and cook over medium high heat until the sauce boils and thickens, stirring frequently. Serve chicken with sauce. 6 servings

Calories: 400

Fat: 20 grams

Sodium: 400 mg

Vitamin C: 25%

Source: Pillsbury's Slow Cooker Recipes

Leslie
cl-lfbennett @ Frugal Living

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:28pm
Use the handy new SEARCH option to find any recipes or discussions! It's great, especially for this board & all the times you have had to go back to archives & hunt for things. Under the title of the board at top (Under where it says Frugal Living) there is a search box.....Go check it out!

Brandi

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:34pm
Nope not the same, but yummy sounding nonetheless! Here is the favorite recipe that has been passed here:

Roast Sticky Chicken

4 tsp salt

2 tsp paprika

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp white pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 large roasting chicken

1 cup chopped onion

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.

Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and

pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into

the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is

evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in

a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate

overnight. When ready to cook chicken put onion in the

cavity and put it in the crockpot and do not add

any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will

produce it's own juices. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours and

it will be falling off the bone tender.