Need food ideas, I'm planning a party,m

iVillage Member
Need food ideas, I'm planning a party,m
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:59am
Next Saturday, I'm planning a scrapbook party/workshop. It's CM, and I earn free stuff. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for food to serve. I'm expecting 15-20 people. I'm completely addicted to scrapbooking and really excited about getting free products.

How much food should I have? I know drinks, probably coffee, tea, soda and water. I thought about the hot fudge cake-crockpot one, I printed the recipe last week. It's at 6pm would you expect a meal or just snacks. We may end up staying for several hours and working on our pages. So, bring on the ideas you creative ladies. Thanks, you guys are really helpful and I've learned a lot since i've been lurking.

Any ideas, please? Thanks, Margaret

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 1:43pm
Sounds fun! I would have a veggie tray with dip, probably a fruit tray. Some chips/dip/salsa or other type of crunchie. Maybe something hot like taquitos or sausage balls. Then your dessert. Since it is a six, heavy appetizers would be acceptable.

Julie

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 9:12pm
I agree that at 6:00 food will be expected, and heavy appetizers is very acceptable. One that my SIL does is to pour a bottle of cocktail sauce and some shrimp over a block of cream cheese, then serve with Triscuit crackers. (The little bay shrimp are pretty reasonalble in price and 1/2 a pound is plenty.)

I'd also do a fruit and or veggie tray. Since you're doing scrapbooking though, think about non-messy stuff. Grapes, for example, would be better than melon since they wouldn't make your fingers all sticky/juicy which would then get all over your pages.

HTH!

Jodi

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 8:40am
What fun! I went to a 2 p.m.-midnight crop yesterday and got so much done on my vacation scrapbook. I think it's a lot of fun when our CM consultant goes with a theme for example sometimes it's tropical with nonalcoholic drinks, fruit skewers and fun decorations. Yesterday, she had chips and salsa out throughout the day, Easter baskets with candy, cookies and brownies and then served everyone a lasagna dinner (more expensive crop though). Sometimes it's a South of the Border theme where you could do 9 layer dip, chips and salsa, etc.

Have a great time! I could probably help more if my consultant were frugal!

Taleyna

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 10:09am
I usually do a spinach dip, the one on the back of the Knorr's Vegetable soup mix is easy and not really expensive. I usually serve it in a bread bowl with Triscuit crackers on the side, as some people (myself included) don't like the bread with it. Have a great time!

~Steph

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 2:02pm
Thanks, for the ideas. If anyone has more keep them coming, I probably won't go to the market until Thursday.

You ladies are great. Margaret

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:57pm
Last time I hosted a scrapbooking party, I also did a hot fudge dip with fruit and pretzels on the side.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:19am
I just went to a shower where they served cream cheese wraps. They were SO YUMMY! All you do is take flour tortillas (they used half white & half wheat) spread cream cheese on one side and sprinkle lightly with your favorite seasoning (they used dill). Then roll up the tortillas and cut into 1 inch pieces. I could not get enough of these!

For a light & easy dessert I love Candy Bar Croissants. Here is the recipe:

2 cans of crescent rolls

2 Tbs. butter, softened

4 plain Hershey bars, broken into small pieces

2 eggs, beaten

4 Tbs. sliced almonds

Unroll crescent roll dough, separate into triangles. Brush with softened butter. Arrange candy bar pieces over triangles (3 pieces per triangle). Roll up crescent roll from the wide end. Place on a greased baking sheet, curve ends slightly. Brush with egg and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving. For a little twist you can substitue Andes chocolate mints for the Hershey bars.

HTH,

Annette in TX :o)