How do I view all the responses??

iVillage Member
How do I view all the responses??
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 12:26am
When I click on a dsicussion, all I see below are numbers indicating a response. Is there any way to actually view all the reponses at the same time?

I find it extraordinarily time consuming to try to click on each response individually. I know that's how it worked before, but with the title for each response, I knew if I wanted to check it out or not. I am finding it very frustrating.

I have been doing a google search for a new frugal forums. You'd be amazed at what's out there!

Kanga

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 7:11am
To see a more detailed description of the messages and their replies, click on the outline view on the top left side of your screen. You can still only see limited info. in the titles and the replies, but at least it is better than having to click on every reply to see if you are interested in reading it. It does cause windows to pop up though and some people have been finding this very time consuming on their computers. Give it a try and see if it helps you. It made it a bit better for me, but I find the process is so much more time consuming than the old board. I used to come here several times a day to read all the new posts since the ones I had read were hightlighted. Now I only check in every other day or maybe each evening and just click on today's posts or last two days to see what is new. HTH
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 3:52pm
Okay, when I click on outline view, a new window pops up, WITH exactly the same information as before. No small amount of text, nothing.

It's very frustrating.

Kanga

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 6:49pm
Try this way. It's working for me & makes it a little easier to read, similar to the old format.

Look up top in your browser. It should look *something* like this when you click onto a post to read...

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-ppfrugal&msg=30770.1&ctx=0

Change the word "messsage" to "outline" and the "msg" near the end change to "tid" so it looks like this:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/outline.asp?webtag=iv-ppfrugal&tid=30770.1&ctx=0

This helps to read all replies to one post without having to click the numbers at the bottom to read all replies.

Also when you are in one thread & do this , you should see where it says "All Discussions" Click that one and the whole board will come up, similar to the old format.

HTH ~ Brandi