Some tricks for viewing the board....

iVillage Member
Some tricks for viewing the board....
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:11pm
I am certainly as frustrated as everyone. My playgroup is almost non-existant now, hardly any posts daily due to frustration at this new format.

I just hate to see everyone leave, but realize that might happen. Many of my playgroup members have started a new board on Yahoo. If anyone is going to do the same here, I'd like to join. My email is Brandilill@aol.com, if anyone would send me the info? I'd like to "see" some familiar faces instead of just joining some random board elsewhere. I also do not plan to leave here forever, for those who are sticking around ;)

Ok, I'm sure you have mostly figured these out : The outline view makes things a *bit* easier to view. Also, mark the drop down box on the right to "Today" or "last 2 days" to view the latest messages. The feature for viewing "unread" messages seems to only work if you have viewed EVERY message first, then any new ones that show up will be "unread" to you. I think if you log out again, those are re-set too. I've heard some complaints about this , so I don't use thta option for viewing.

I have posted this, but everything moves around & gets lost, so I'll repost this GREAT trick : When you 1st go to the board, & its in the format you see, click on one post you'd like to read & read replies to, as well. Once you click on look up in your browser window and see something like this:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-ppfrugal&msg=30771.1&ctx=0

Change the word message (the one next to asp right above here) to the word "outline" then see where it says frugal&msg at the end? Change that msg to "tid". This makes the replies easy to read, with tag lines like before. Once you read all of that particular post that you are interested in, you can click on "all discussions" & see the whole board in this format.

The BEST thing about this new set up, is I will probably never have to ask repeated questions, request recipes, etc. again! Try the search box up top at the left for any archived message about something you need. This almost kills my posting time now, as all I do is search for it up there. Its a great feature.

Hope this helps some,

Brandi

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 7:57pm
Brandi! You ROCK!!!! I was about to give up on the boards. This makes it sooo much easier! Love ya, Wendy
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 2:02pm
GOOD! I am glad it helped ya out. I hope it will be useful to some others, as well.

Brandi

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 2:51pm
Thanks! But I'm confused how that way differs from outline?