I've tried...and(m)

iVillage Member
I've tried...and(m)
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:26pm
I cannot handle this new way of the boards format. I suggest everyone who can write parentsplace, and/or ivillage and tell them what you think. I can hardly read, or even keep up with the messages and replies. Not to mention the ones that are getting deleted because they are dissatisfied and letting everyone know about it! It's just not right! I will write in, and give it a few more days. I have been a member of parents place for 6 years. Although it saddens me, I can't handle the new format to the extent of possibly leaving! It sucks because I have uptalked Parentsplace boards for years. How easy they are, and how much of a help they are. But once you have a hard time following them the helpfulness kind of fades. I'm sorry everyone, I have held this in, and tried to look on the bright side, but I am more confused then anything.

Red Expecting #4 7/2/03
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:36pm
You are not alone!

I understand how everyone else is doing it. Open the board, click on Outline View, then use the Outline View to scan the messages. Then when you click on a thread you want to read, it opens yet another (3rd) window. It is way too slow and cumbersome to have to manuever through THREE windows just to scan the board.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:54pm
You are DEFINITELY not alone. I think it's GREAT that we are speaking up. The bottom line is, Parents Place loses a pair of eyes (seeing the ads) each time someone leaves because of this change. They need to wake up and do a LOT of work on making it user-friendly.

-Jennie