Help me make Cinnamin Buns

iVillage Member
Help me make Cinnamin Buns
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:15pm
Can I somehow make the buns today, and bake them early the next morning? How do I stop them from rising too much? Do I keep them in the fridge overnight? Is this idea even possible? Thanks for your help.

Debbie, with 3 kids salivating for Cinnamin Buns!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:59pm
I make cinnamon buns once a week! Here's what I do.

I make a batch of butter yeast dough in my bread machine. After it is finished rising, I take out the dough and cut it in half using a pizza cutter. One half I use to make yeast rolls for dinner. The other half I roll out, spread butter on it, and then cinnamon/sugar mixture ( I never measure, it's about a cup of sugar (brown and white) and several shakes of cinnamon).

I roll up the dough, use the pizza cutter to slice it and put it in a round cake pan sprayed with pam. I let it rise. Then I cover it with aluminum foil and refrigerate (or freeze). In the am, I put the pan in the oven and then turn the oven on. I cook mine at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, taking the foil off the last 5 minutes. Then I spread with cream cheese/butter/confectioner's sugar combination and enjoy!

I usually make these for Sunday morning. Who can resist hot, homemade cinnamon buns on a Sunday morning!! Enjoy!

Beatrice

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 2:57pm
can i have your yeast recipe? thanks
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:16pm
I want it too!! and do you know how to convert it to oven bake? Thx.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:47am
Sorry I didn't see your request earlier! Thanks for the email momnpop or erin!

Here's my bread machine recipe:

1 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees F) *I usually microwave for 2 minutes and don't test temperature.

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

4 cups bread flour

2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast.

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by the manufacturer. Select DOUGH setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablesoppons of water or flour if needed.)

When cycle is complete (mine takes 1 hour 35 minutes, so I time so that the dough will be ready 45 minutes before dinner, time to rise and bake!) turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.

Cut dough in half using a pizza cutter.

With one half of dough, continue cutting until you have 9 chunks of dough. Roll into a ball and place in a greased baking pan (I use a 9inch round cake pan). Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 to 25 minutes. Bake at 375 for 13 to 16 minutes or until golden borwn. Serve with additional butter/honey if desired.

With other half of dough, use a rolling pin to roll dough out to a rectangle about 15 by 10. Spread a half stick to one stick of softened butter on dough using a spoon. Mix one cup brown sugar/white sugar (you decide how much of each, doesn't matter) and several shakes of cinnamon (to your taste); sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of buttered dough. Roll dough up and pinch end closed. Using pizza cutter, cut roll into 9 slices. Place cut side down in a greased baking pan (I use a 9inch round cake pan). Cover and let rise about 1 hour. To serve the next morning, cover with aluminum foil and put in the refrigrator. In the morning, put pan in oven, turn oven to 375 bake for 15 minutes; remove foil and bake for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. Spread with cream cheese/butter/confectioner's sugar topping and serve!

If you are going to cook them right away, only bake for about 20 minutes total, aluminum foil not needed, though it does seem to keep them from getting too crunchy.

For the topping I use: the remaining butter from spreading butter on the dough (whatever is left 1/2 stick to 1/4 stick and 1/2 block cream cheese. Mix together. Add confectioner's sugar until desired consistency (about 2 cups); add milk if necessary to make it thin enough for you.

My DH and kids love these. As I mentioned, I make them about once a week; you can freeze them too, just defrost in the frig for a few hours before baking!!

Enjoy!!

Beatrice

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 3:22pm
oops for some reason i though it would tell you who it came from! It was me. And I figured with the new board you probably hadnt seen the request! Thanks !!

shannon