Turkey Breast...need ideas & help!!

iVillage Member
Turkey Breast...need ideas & help!!
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 3:01pm
My H was given two boneless turkey breasts about 3lbs each. But they are just sitting in our freezer because I have no idea what to do with them! Can I cook them in the crockpot? I do not own a roasting pan and have never cooked a turkey before. What would you do?

TIA for any replies.

Vicki

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 3:38pm
Well if you thawed it you could cut it into pieces and use in stir frys etc. anything that you would use chicken breasts for.

I think it would cook up fine in the crockpot. Probably all day at low. Throw in some veggies if you like. Then you could shred the leftovers for enchiladas, etc.

To roast it you don't have to have a roasting pan. Any oven safe pan with sides, cover with a piece of foil and there you have it - a roasting pan. I'd roast it at 350 til the juices run clear.

Good luck, you should be able to get several nice meals out of it.

Jen

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 3:48pm
I do mine in the crockpot without any problems. I just put it in there and pour a melted cube of real butter over the top, sprinkle with a little pepper and turn it on. I cook either several hours on high or all day on low. Comes out really great and makes a very tasty gravy. Super simple, it's worth a try. Then you can make any side dishes you want. You can use the left over meat any way you want because it isn't spiced in any particular way, the same as a Thanksgiving turkey.

HTH

Leslie