need a recipe for lemonade syrup

iVillage Member
need a recipe for lemonade syrup
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 7:27pm
I know I have seen a post here about making a homemade syrup for lemonade by boiling lemon juice from fresh lemons with water and sugar, I think, and then using the syrup to make your own lemonade. I can't find it in the archives anywhere and the search for lemonade takes me somewhere very bizarre and confusing. Does anyone know what I am talking about and have this recipe? TIA
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:51pm
Can I admit something? I saw your post yesterday but my recipe for the lemonade syrup is upstairs in one of my notebooks and I've simply been to lazy to go dig it out! LOL.. I was hoping someone else would answer this one - but it seems they've all 'jumped ship' due to the horrible new format.

I think I'd just do a google search for "lemonade syrup" and use one of those. ;)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 9:16pm
Here's the one we use!

Lemonade Syrup

2 cups sugar

1 cup water

1 cup fresh lemon juice (can use bottled)

Bring sugar and water to boil in a saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Cool; add lemon juice. Store in refrigerator.

When ready to serve, add 2 tablespoons syrup to 1 glass ice water. Makes 2-1/2 cups syrup.

Faith & crew

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:09am
Thank you so much. I was afraid my post was just getting lost. It seems to take so much longer to get replies now. I think this is the syrup I was looking for. Do you have any ideas how long this syrup will last in the fridge? Thanks again.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 3:03pm
I'm really not sure how long it lasts - I think 2-3 weeks?? Ours never lasts that long though with 5 people who drink it - I usually only make it during the summer so it disappears pretty quickly.

Keep it in an airtight container and just keep an eye on it - I'd probably check it after a couple weeks, make sure it still tastes/smells right.

Maybe someone else will know, sorry I'm not more help!

Faith & crew

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 7:05pm
Thanks for the info. I have some lemons in the fridge - I'll test it out tomorrow morning.