Grocery Exile

iVillage Member
Grocery Exile
Tue, 12-02-2008 - 2:01pm

After answering the thread about how much do I spend on groceries...I went downstairs to take an inventory of what I have in the pantries and freezers and refrigerator. I used to do this on a regular basis, and I think it helped me to keep my grocery bill down.

Anyway, I have determined that we do not need anymore food right now, lol. I had already made menus for this week and next...so I think I will continue it until the end of the month. Other than my weekly produce delivery, and replenishing milk, eggs, butter, rice milk as needed...there really isn't anything that I have to buy for a while.

So, it is exile time for me - trying to make it through to the new year! (I don't have any major holiday dinner plans)

iVillage Member
In reply to: monkeesmom
Tue, 12-02-2008 - 5:42pm
It's kind of what I did.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2008 - 9:59am
I'm doing a semi-exile.

Hugs, Jean

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2008 - 4:07am

I'm on a semi-exile.

I'd love to have seafood (other than clam chowder made with canned clams) on Christmas Eve, and a Ribeye-Roast on Christmas Day, if I can make it to the store at the right time, and if it's possible

Carrie
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2008 - 3:01pm
well, I did this a few weeks ago when we were very short on money and I knew I just had to use whatever is left for a week. and it worked. our freezer got completely cleaned up afterwards as well. so now it's time to get some stockpile again little by little!!!