another freezing question

iVillage Member
another freezing question
Tue, 12-09-2008 - 11:26pm
first of all, thanks for the responses on my freezing pie question below! I can hardly wait for christmas because I see this delicious pie now every time I open my freezer.. hehe. I have another question tho. Is it alright to freeze meat and tofu which have to be used in the same day you buy it? I did it once and used it within 2 or 3 days after getting it, but the store I usually buy these groceries at 50 per cent off because you have to use them on the same day, sent me a 25 euro coupon which I can use until December 24th. As I said, the only things I get there are these "50 per cent off" items, but I'd hate to see 25 euro go to waste. Thank you on advance!

Powered by CGISpy.com

Thanks for my signatures, Dana and Sarah!!!

Check out my Fly, Green and Frugal Blog if you have the time!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2008 - 11:51pm
If I understand the question, you're asking about freezing meat that's at the expiration date? If so, we do that all the time and have never had any problems. As long as the meat is good when you freeze it, it shouldn't be a problem.

~Didi

Wife to Ron, Mommy to Will

baby

I have a blog!

~Didi

Wife to Ron, Mommy to Will

baby

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2008 - 2:08am
If you are talking about buying and freezing meat on it's expiration date, that's just fine to do. Be careful when you thaw that you don't leave it on the counter (never a good idea anyway) but that you either cook from frozen, thaw in cold water, or thaw in the fridge. I buy and freeze meat at it's expiration date all the time and it's just fine. Sometimes, it spoils faster as left overs, but other than that, it's not a problem.