menu for the week 7-11

iVillage Member
menu for the week 7-11
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 9:06am

what is for dinner??

Becky
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 1:17pm
We're running out of food supplies. Can't wait to get some money this week. I might be doing a week of Hillbilly Housewives meals. Gotta make what is left stretch at least a week. Meat is running on slim pickings in the freezer. Last night we ate pasta with sauce and cheese with garlic bread. No meat in it. Tonight it's bbq pork sandwiches and baked beans. Well my mother bought us the roasted pork. That was from the parish festival up the block from us. They do pork,lamb and chicken. I had a bag of hamburger buns in the freezer I pulled out to thaw. Got baked beans going in the crock. Making a mess of calico beans from Hillbilly Housewives. But minus the cooked ground beef. Need that last tube of hamburger meat for some other meal this week. So my menus are up in the air all week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 12:08am

Everything this week is from what we have in the freezer/pantry/fridge:

--Jenn

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 9:03am

Not really a plan here because different people will be gone for several days at a time. So the plan is to use up leftovers (both in fridge & freezer), grilled cheese, frozen pizza, hot dogs, eat out once for 24ds b-day, kids can always go to Gramma's. :-)

12ds left yesterday for Scout camp thru Sat.; dh will join him Wed. night. I leave Thurs. morning for CA thru Sun. That leaves 13ds and 19ds here at home. They're pretty good at fending for themselves.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 9:03am

This week is clean out the pantry and freezer. I have a decent sized grocery trip planned for Friday.

Sunday: Dino Mac n cheese and hotdogs

Monday: on my own

Tuesday: on my own

Wednesday: grilled chicken, veggies, rice

Thursday: grilled salmon, veggies, cous cous

Friday: grilled steak? (if I can find one in the freezer, otherwise, grilled chicken) or leftovers if any. (Shopping trip day, after Johnathon's nap)

Saturday: Tacos

CafeMom Tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 9:25pm
Sunday: we grilled chicken
Monday: shredded beef tacos (from one of my many roasts in the freezer!)
Tuesday: leftovers/kids have swim lessons
Wednesday: pasta bake
Thursday: another clean out the fridge day since I'm going grocery shopping Friday
Friday: we'll be out of town, so not sure

Jill

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Jill