Quick meal ideas needed.

iVillage Member
Quick meal ideas needed.
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 4:11pm

Next week is going to be a little crazy in the evenings for about 3 days.

I need some quick meal ideas.

Susan, mom to Sam 11 and Connor 9
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 8:49pm
Me to going to be in same boat starting next week. I use my crock a lot. But since I will work till 6pm. I got to set up a meal that can just be heated and served. Well our son can cook but nothing to fancy. He's not good at cleaning up afterwords. So I am hoping to plan meals that I can make ahead. Portion out on plates. Cover in plastic wrap. Then our son can heat up his fathers dinner. Dh having MS. He does not have to much coordination these days. Walking from the kitchen with a plate to where he will eat is out. He'd have it all over the floor. I'm going to have to sit down with our son and discuss his fixing his father dinner.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 8:45am

A

Becky
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 11:59am

For quick meal nights, I do a lot of salads.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 2:52pm
hello!! we eat a lot of breakfast for dinner. eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. its really easy to throw some eggs in a pan, cook them up, make some toast, etc. pancakes are also quick and easy. what about sandwiches? you could make some tuna, some egg salad, grilled cheese or just plain old lunchmeat or pb&j. you could fry up some bacon for blts or to have with eggs. you could also get a rottiserie chicken from the grocery store one night to have for dinner and use the leftovers for lunch the next day or you could make chicken salad or chicken noodle casserole the next day. you could also buyt those frozen pizzas, pizza rolls, tv dinners or pot pies for something quick one night. hth. take care!!
JOANNE
maman2goons@yahoo.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 2:02pm
Have you tried "A Year of Slow Cooking" blog? She has a ton of great crock pot recipes and her book is great!