Fun ideas for older girls?

iVillage Member
Fun ideas for older girls?
Mon, 05-22-2006 - 10:36am

My older girl troop (they're sixth grade this year) nearly disbanded because this past year was BORING (seriously--it was!)

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-24-2006 - 9:39am

Do you have a beauty school near your meeting place? You could see about setting up a lesson in hair styling.

We have a rock climbing wall at one of our council camps the girls love it! We also have a state run program teaching how to do a military rope obstacle course.

What about holding a scavenger hunt at a mall. I did one with my neighbor for her daughter's 11th birthday. We went the week before to look for things that were unique, low cost or free from stores in the mall, i.e. a yellow straw from one resturant, a perfume card or a charge card application or logo shopping bag from a store. We made up a list and divided the girls into two teams with an adult and gave the girls a set amount of time to hunt.

What about a cooking lesson from an area chef?

Our school runs a talent show for up to the sixth grade and we enter our girls as a group act every year.

What about a sleep over at the library?

At that age, they can travel well so plan a big year end trip - NYC, Disney, Washington DC and base your year around planning for it. Even a camping trip is fun for that age, if you haven't done it before.

Good luck.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-24-2006 - 10:03am
Oooh--great ideas!