How often do you meet?

iVillage Member
How often do you meet?
Tue, 05-23-2006 - 8:25am

How often do you have meetings?

What about field trips?

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-23-2006 - 2:10pm

Our Junior GS troop meetings are scheduled every other week--2 hours--but when we plan activities it's usually during our "off" weeks. Our field trip/outings are based on interest level, budget and timing so not regularly scheduled. We have troop members in 4th, 5th and 6th grade...also from each elementary school (there are 6) and middle school (there are 3).

NO snacks are served during our meetings. There was too much down time while the girls ate snack, so we changed the meeting time to later in the afternoon and are able to accomplish much more.

~~Pookiesmom

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-23-2006 - 2:32pm
we're daisies, and met every other week for about an hour and a half. We'll do the same next year. No schedule for outings, really, just whatever draws our fancy. I'm ready to do away with snack, hopefully next year. I do plan to have one meeting per month focused on service.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-23-2006 - 2:35pm

We meet one evening a week, for two hours. Outings such as going to the mall to comparison shop, cookie sales, etc., are done during meeting times; and then of course there are occasional weekend trips or camps.

Oh yeah - the girsl are Pathfinders, 12 to 15 years old, and no, we don't have snack, at least not regularly. We meet 6:30 to 8:30 pm, so they've already had supper. They have the option of taking turns bringing healthy snacks (it would be part of their programme) but this particular group we have at the moment haven't been interested. We do allow them to make hot chocolate, tea, whatever, if they want.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-23-2006 - 4:14pm

How often do you have meetings?

Once every 2 weeks for about an hour, we've been meeting on Thursdays this year.

What about field trips? Do you plan an outing regularly?

Last year, we did A LOT more field trips...about one per month. This year, we had very few.

And how long are your meetings? (include your age level too) Do you have snacks?

We meet for about an hour (Brownies 2nd & 3rd grade) and the only time we have snacks is for very special occasions. I think we only had snacks once this year and that was for our Christmas "party". Oh, and we had cheesecake for a special meeting...but I can't remember why. We meet at 6:30, so the girls are not hungry at that time.

Alysha