Waaah! Camp road flooded out!

iVillage Member
Waaah! Camp road flooded out!
Wed, 06-28-2006 - 2:03pm

DD9 was supposed to leave this AM for a two night horseback session at the GS camp. THey called at 4 yesterday to say that all the rain had washed out the road and they were rescheduling everyone to next week!

I was pretty bummed---it seems that when they have to go to Plan B we don't really get our money's worth.

Then the rain kept falling and falling and we are having record breaking floods here along the Susquehanna River. State of Emergency today! So I don't feel too bad anymore, they wouldn't have been safe riding horses on a mud slide.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-28-2006 - 8:24pm

That's a bummer!

We are in PA as well (probably pretty close to you, I imagine!) and had to cancel a day of the day camp I am working this week.

But - if she is just going next week instead of this week, why do you feel you won't get your money's worth?

I can see the disappointment when you think you are going and then all of a sudden you're not. But, it seems like it will all even out in the end.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-29-2006 - 5:07pm
Oh bummer!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-29-2006 - 5:40pm

I hope she's not too bummed about this.

Gayle

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-05-2006 - 11:14am

Dropped her off today, no chaos at camp, she was scooped up by a competent counselor and I felt great about leaving her there. She is a superstar!

I went across the road with DD5 to visit the horses---she wouldn't go near them but one came right up to the fence for attention and ended up putting his head on my shoulder. I have never been hugged by a horse before! I hope they are all that friendly. He was just like a dog. Very sweet!