How flexible should I be???

iVillage Member
How flexible should I be???
Wed, 07-26-2006 - 12:25am

OK, I am having a sleep-over// water day at our girl scout house this weekend.
I mailed out the information on Tuesday of last week. So most of them received them within 2 days of that.
I have to go shopping for the food, craft stuff etc tomorrow because I am having kidney stones blasted Thursday and will not be able to do it after that.I am going to be pushing it to do this still.
I put a dead line on the RSVP for Wednesday by 5:00. Which is when I will be leaving to go shopping. So, I KNOW I will have a few call Thursday and I can almost guarentee one who will just show up Friday. How should I handle them?
I am trying so hard to toughen up and not let them continue to do this to me. But, where/when Do I draw the line. Do I tell them well sorry, but I had the RSVP dead line for a reason .. supplies and food already bought.
I am still hurt by lack of acknowledgement from my Mom dying and my surgery 3 wks ago.
But, this has nothing to do with that. I told them that things are goign to have to change and that they will have to start reading the things I send to them. I have one who will flat out tell me.. well No I didn't read it..its on the floor in my van. so tell me what is going on.. tonight at my dd' birthday party she said that to me. I said..nope its not a scout event. I am here for my dd' .. go to your Yucon and read the letter... Thankfully she is VERY easy going and just laughed it off..But, did go and read it and tell me her DD will be there.Out of my 10 girls I have 4 who have said yes they will be there.. and that is counting my daughter..
The other leader and I have put a lot of time and energy planning this weekend.While I would love to have all of my Troop there..I am tired of being a stepping stone.. ya knw.
Soooo....... whatcha thunk?

Tammy

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-26-2006 - 9:36am

Do you communicate with your troop via e-mail alot?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-26-2006 - 10:11am

I only have two families I can email with. All my others either chose not to have me communicate with them that way or they are still in the dark ages..lol...
I think I will do my best to hold firm and not allow the ones who call by the time I finish shopping * as long as I am in the store..lol* and then after that as long as I do not SEE the girl I will be able to tell the parents to bad that they missed the dead line.. * hopefully *..

Tammy

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-27-2006 - 12:07am

Don't you require signed permission slips with health & emergency info?

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-28-2006 - 11:12am
yeah as always, The parents will fill them out when they bring them. I am having a touch basics meeting with them before hand and will have the form for them to fill out then..
Why?
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-29-2006 - 11:56am

We always had the girls bring/send in the permission slips in advance.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-31-2006 - 11:58am

when we have meetings I do send the permission slips home. But, we haven't met since May and I truly doubt that the parents know where the permission forms that I put inside their parent folder is.* where the folder is at that!..lol*
Since this is a event that the parents didn't even know about I just had them fill the forms out when they dropped their dd' off...

But, neither of my non-rsvpers showed up..
all went great

tammy