What are your Aug Scout / 4-H plans?

Community Leader
What are your Aug Scout / 4-H plans?
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 9:35pm

Den - complete Web Artist Badge at 1st meeting.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 10:12pm

Girl Scout:
Scrap book party with the troop
Service Area & Leader Meeting
Open House Recruitment city-wide
Possibly a kitchen cabinet meeting with the CEO of our area

Cub Scout:
My oDS is going in to first grade so I have to get him signed up and in a Den...or start a den I suppose ;)

They have a meeting at the end of August that I may sit in on. My friend said it wouldn't be an issue and it is just a scheduling meeting but I'll get an idea of what goes on through the year. Plus, I know all the GS stuff and she knows the BS stuff so hopefully we can avoid some issues with better communication between groups.

Liza in WI

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 3:26pm

I'm thinking a school-wide scout apple picking adventure (with hay ride/need new forms), then back to rented town hall like place with big kitchen and dining room to make and assemble apple pies and crisps to give to......

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 11:16pm

GS working on religious award. Trip to St. Anthony's Shrine in Pittsburgh one day and bingo at nursing home another and a few meetings to work on requirements.

GS whole troop- Camping end of Aug (hope the cleaned that place really well)- probably swimming and canoeing!

CS- pack family camping this weekend- nobody signed up yet except for my family and baloo trained dad's family. Thinking we might morph it into something else if needed.

CS- pack Jedi Training event at cubmaster's house. Apparently he has stations set up and they learn all about Star Wars, make wrapping paper tube light sabers, and lots of cool stuff.

I think that's it for scouts. My calendar is really full with lots of other stuff too!

-Jen

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 3:52pm

We will be getting together to celebrate National S'mores Day next Tuesday. We are using a neighborhood park so we can build a fire and toast the marshmallows. In addition to the regular kind there will be several stations to make different varieties. One station for s'mores in a bag, one for s'macos, one for lemon/strawberry, one for "no heat required" s'mores.

At this event I will handout their new Junior binders. The binders will have all the information they need for the first month. I am sending a list of troop crests with meanings and pictures so the girls can narrow their choices. At our first regular meeting the girls select one for the troop.

School begins August 24 and most of my parents do not want to meet the first week of school. But come Sept 1 we will be off and running on a very busy year.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-06-2009 - 10:53am

When you have a moment, could you post the ingredients to the S'mores stations?

Also I love the idea of a Junior binder. My girls will be Juniors next year. What else do you have in it?

I was thinking of taking them to Build a Bear to celebrate the new level but this sounds better.

Thanks,
Liza in WI

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 10:07pm

I alos like the idea of the junior binder:)

My Photography Gear: Canon Rebel XT with 18-55 kit lens