I did an awesome program today!

iVillage Member
I did an awesome program today!
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 11:51pm

I'm giving myself a pat on the back... and sharing with you...

I met a group of girls at a park today from 10-2. Yes, it was awfully sticky and hot, but we had fun. Their leader contacted me through the orienteering club website and had requested I help the older girls earn their patch. And we found a day and time that worked, so I agreed. In the end, they oldest completed all the requirements, but the career exploration part and the juniors completed their badge called Finding Your Way. And the leaders were so awesome to work with.

I think there should be some type of recognition that my daughter can earn to show just how many times my daughter has "earned" that junior badge already... maybe a bead for each time she's earned it! But she was a trooper and did it once again today. And she knows not to answer my questions all the time... at first she thought it was fun to raise her hand for each answer, but nowadays, she kinda hovers in the background during those parts!

Anyway, just wanted to share!
-Jen

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:25am

I'll celebrate with you!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 10:39am

Jen, can't your dd use those hours for the Program Aide patch? Or Junior Aide? I like the bead idea as well, but there should be something else she can earn for helping you with the program! Just a thought.

cl sig sparkle

suitcase tag

follow me to CWG

Gayle

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 1:30pm
Oh fun, wish we could meet and do that patch with you. : )

In the frequently relevant (to so many debates on Ivillage) words of Inigio Montoya from The Princess Bride "You keep using that

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 8:54am

She's already earned Junior Aide, but that would be to help younger girls... not older or same age girls to earn something.

I haven't ever looked into Program Aide...don't know what it's for.

But that's a good idea! I never thought of applying them as service hours to something.

-Jen